Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Lady Texan(1)

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
I didn't want you to miss the post from Jo C. to your thread on hospice evaluation. Be sure to read it. It is excellent, and should help you.

Comments

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Good morning Ed. I saw the post and am about to provide an update on the OP regarding hospice. 

On another note - I understand your frustration on the price of prescriptions. I am pissed too. My income is fixed. DH's disability went up $9. That $9 is not going to cover the price increases that we are encountering at the grocery store. For all practical purposes we are homebound. As a result, I am not as impacted by the rising fuel prices. But everything else is hurting us badly financially. I am both angry and frightened and depressed. 

This horrid disease wrecked us financially. We both exited the workforce during our prime earning years. I am fortunate to have a pension. I am grateful for that income. But holy cow we are financially strapped. Its more stress on top of more stress.....

• dealing with a terminal disease, 
    • watching my loved one waste away, 
    • the physical and emotional toll of caregiving, 
    • being isolated because our support network has severely shrunk,
    • fear of not having the financial resources for sustaining our home, food, utilities and prescriptions and 
    • trying to convince a hospice agency that it is time. 
    Thanks for looking out for me Mayor Ed.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney