Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Today's amusement!

My LO fell this week and fractured the neck of the humerus (no that's not the funny part). Today, we were at the ortho office which is not within the same system as the primary that took x-rays yesterday. Needless to say, everyone has to do their own x-rays.

Radiology tech comes to room - " I'm here to take her for her x-rays".

Me to tech- "OK, would you like me to go along?"

Tech- "No, we'll be right back. You can wait here".

Me- " OK"

Within 5 minutes tech is back at the door - "Umm, could you come help, she won't stay still"

Ahhhh, the inexperienced! They have no idea.

Comments

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Thanks for a giggle!
  • sandwichone123
    sandwichone123 Member Posts: 743
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions

I took dh for testing for Social Security/Disability. The tester told me, "You can't stay with him unless he's intellectually disabled." Loudly. In front of dh. I said, "He's not intellectually disabled. He has two master's degrees!"

Five minutes later she had dh call me to come back. Two of the most excruciating hours of my life ensued--watching dh try and fail, and I couldn't help. Two hours later, when she actually did need my input, she repeatedly tried to bypass educational attainments. She clearly stated her findings, IQ, impairment, etc. Dh just wilted. He's not too far gone to understand much of it. I wanted to buy flowers for Algernon.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more