Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Free Online Caregiving 101 Class

Jo C.
Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Family Caregiver Alliance gives free online classes from time to time.  On February 14, they are giving a class, "Caregiving 101."   It is also a good idea to sign up to receive the online newletters from Family Caregiver Alliance.  While they are centered in San Francisco, they provide a lot of good information and also updates on laws in the process of being made as well as new laws that have passed from states and nationally.  They also provide listings of various types of studies and much more . . . . here is a link; if you scroll down, you will find where to sign up for the Caregiving 101 class if you wish:

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Connections-newsletter.html?soid=1101399948055&aid=KMDAJSVoYF8

Comments

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Thanks Jo C!!!!
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Thank you Jo!!
  • Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Thanks for the link, Jo!  I found the entire newsletter interesting.  I was especially drawn to the list(s)  of various research studies that invite prospective participants to apply.  I bet some of our forum members could offer valuable information for the studies.  Food for thought.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Thank you Jo C. Can always use helpful tips.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more