Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Disney channel

My husband has been watching old westerns and Andy Griffith and Mash. He always looks bored. He likes movies but is having trouble following a lot of them. I signed up for Disney and he loves it. Dog and horse movies bring on smiles. Now he is watching Huck Finn and is enthralled. The colors are great and are much better than the old black and white. Hopefully this will hold his interest and give him entertainment that he will enjoy for awhile.

Comments

• Tfreedz
    Tfreedz Member Posts: 138
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    Great idea, I’m so glad you found something that appeals to him!
  • Stuck in the middle
    Stuck in the middle Member Posts: 1,167
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Thanks for the tip.  Disney made some great movies!
  • loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,073
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    My dad also likes the Animal Planet station...as you might guess...programs are about animals.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Thank you. Like your husband, mine has been watching the same shows. And he is bored. He only wants to go outside but says it’s just too cold and windy. When it gets up to 60 degrees he is still cold. He does complain about being cold all the time lately, even though I have the temperature set at 72 and he has a little heater right in front of him. Sweatshirt and a jacket on. I’m in a tank top because it’s hot. I don’t know how many ways I can tell him it’s still winter. Anyway I will try Disney to see if it will help, he does like to watch swamp people! Crazy because it’s about catching alligators!
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Good thread, Gig. Our TV is usually on Animal Planet, or we watch "Everybody loves Raymond" or "King of Queens" on Peacock, which is free if you have cable through Comcast. . Hulu also has quite a few shows she can enjoy. Lately we've been watching "Coupling". If you haven't seen it, it's a British TV show about sex, even though you don't see any sex on screen. It is hilarious! But not for little kids. If you can handle commercials, Hulu is very affordable. Or you can pay a little more for no commercials.
  • Kevcoy
    Kevcoy Member Posts: 129
    Fourth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    My DH is a huge Star Trek fan "Trekkie" and in the past has gone to their convention in Las Vegas.  Right now I can turn on The Next Generation or Deep Space Nine on Netflix and he is good to go for a much longer period of time then other shows.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Thanks for sharing, I use Netflix NCIS right now I have seen all shows three times, but for as long as it works I go with it. Thanks for your comments as it got a lot of good replies. I may check out the Disney Channel
  • JDancer
    JDancer Member Posts: 453
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments
    Fortunately, my LO is a sports fan, as am I, so there's usually something to watch. Lately, he's started watching games shows....turning into his parents, in more ways than one
  • Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    My husband doesn’t watch TV, but I am watching Mary Tyler Moore shows on YouTube, as well as Bob Newhart, Barney Miller, and Rhoda. I realize that my teenage years were defined by these shows. Sadly my husband can’t follow things on TV, but I find myself shouting with laughter while watching.
  • OrganizerBecky
    OrganizerBecky Member Posts: 32
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Comments
    The Winter Olympics start Thursday. I may set up one of our TVs to stream it. My DH can only change channels that we get via the inside antenna - moving to the Roku isn't possible. That way, he can watch Olympics on one TV and watch his crime dramas on another one.
  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,314
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Love Animal Planet!  Barney Miller and Maude are on FETV but it's around MN.  I watch those when I can't sleep.  Lots and lots of old shows on now.  I'm into watching Gunsmoke and Rawhide - you all might like them, too.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more