Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Worth Looking At - Significant Discount Pricing On Prescription Medication

Jo C.
Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Off comes my Peer Volunteer hat.  

While I am NOT personally recommending this, I wanted to share a bit of interesting  news you may want to take a look at as I know from so many Postings written by Members that prescription costs have been a significant problem for many.

Billionaire Mark Cuban has been a critic of the extreme profit driven markup for prescription medications.  He has started a discount pharmacy and the discounted savings appear to be huge.  He states that pricing is set at the actual cost of each medication plus 15%.

It was was stunning for me to see pricing differences when doing average price comparisons that have been included on the actual prescription website for the meds they carry.

NOTE:  Though all seems to be valid, I suggest before venturing to use this pharmacy that you to first speak to your physician and perhaps even with your pharmacist.  

Here is the news blurb link:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/billionaire-mark-cubans-discounted-pharmacy-212053859.html

Here is the link directly to the pharmacy:

https://costplusdrugs.com/

Scroll down to, "view all conditions" and click on "dementia" for review of pricing for dementia meds that the carry.

J.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Thank you Jo. But they don't carry what I need.
  • Stella Luna
    Stella Luna Member Posts: 50
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Comments
    There is an app you can download on your phone it is called Good Rx. You can look up the medication you need and it will give you the list of places that have it and the price. The price for Cipro was around $15 in Safeway, Harris Teeter and other pharmacies in my area. You may want to call them beforehand to confirm the price, just tell them you are using Good Rx.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more