Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Thinking of the East Coast folks

M1
M1 Member Posts: 6,717
1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
Hope all are safe and dont lose power. I love Boston and New Haven but don't miss them this time of year....

Comments

• Stuck in the middle
    Stuck in the middle Member Posts: 1,167
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Amen.

We're expecting freezing rain Wednesday and Thursday here in SW MO.  You are just east of us M1, keep a weather eye open.

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Ha! The Nor’easter “hugged the coast”and missed us up here in NE PA.  But our little Jersey shore house got walloped.  Hoping the pipes don’t freeze.  Better (warmer) days ahead.
  • Pam BH
    Pam BH Member Posts: 195
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Thanks! The storm stayed just far enough off the coast to just give us 1-1/2 inches of snow and freezing temperatures here in southeast Virginia.  Thinksing of the folks further north and hoping they make out okay.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Well, that's good news so far. Hope everyone else is making it through without difficulty.
  • David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary

So here on the East Coast of New Haven County, we were pretty lucky. About a foot of snow which I left until this morning, after my coffee. I had finally put the blade on the tractor, and the snow was light, so things went well. About an hour to plow the driveway, clear off the truck, and shovel the walk. I cleared four mailboxes on the street in addition to mine, and my other neighbors with bigger tractors cleared driveways. It’s always a contest in this neighborhood to see who can do the most clearing. Bunch of tractor nerds. 

I went to the MCF early afternoon to find that the head nurse had been there three days, sleeping in an unoccupied patient room. I am impressed with the dedication of the staff. 

• Cynbar
    Cynbar Member Posts: 539
    500 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    23 inches for us here on Cape Cod, MA. Power went out at 9 on Saturday morning and just came back on --- thank goodness we have a generator.  Lovely scenery today.... before it gets dirty and ugly in a day or two! We like a good snowstorm as long as it doesn't happen too often.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more