Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Starting Again

Isn’t that what we caregivers do? Start over again and again and again.

Last week DH told our neighbors how he enjoyed going to the Day Program where he believes he is a volunteer. Due to Covid it has been shut down since December. But tomorrow it is starting up again. Whoopee! I told DH the great news. DH responded with “would it upset you if I didn’t go anymore?”

I told him yes, it would upset me because he is so much happier participating in the activities, exercise, and talking with people and they need him to bring joy to the others which volunteers do. He responded by giving me that dark angry look and left to take a nap (3rd one today).

I know it is like starting a new adventure for him, but sometimes I get tired of being a cheerleader again and again and…….

Comments

• Memphisdee
    Memphisdee Member Posts: 64
    10 Comments Second Anniversary
    I hear you about being a cheerleader!  I am concerned how I overreact and always want to fix everything immediately. Thankful for antidepressant!  It’s nice you have the Day Care, hope he continues to go. Good idea about volunteering!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more