Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Update on stage 8

It's been two months since DH passed. I am a believer in God, I am in awe about how things work out.  About three weeks after my DH passed, my brother who is currently caring for our 92 yo father, came down with Covid. He had never been vaccinated, although our father has been vaccinated, as well as myself. My brother's condition continued to deteriorate, my father called me as asked me to come help. Next day I arrived and ended up taking my brother to the hospital, he was admitted for a week. They called it Covid Pneumonia. I have stayed here, now going on three weeks. I could not have been here to care for dad and my brother, had DH still been alive. It would have broken me. I believe this has all been a great distraction for my loss. The first two weeks after his passing, I was in a total state of shock, no tears, no emotions, then gradually I started remembering the good times and that was when the tears and emotions began to flow. Then caring for my dad and my brother after his release form the hospital has kept me busy. Plus, neither my father or myself have contracted Covid! I have occasionally come to the forum and read some threads, but have not really posted in a while. I continue to think and pray for all of you warriors of this disease. You are not alone.

Jill

Comments

• Sherjoy
    Sherjoy Member Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary

Sorry to hear about your challenges, but thank you for sharing your faith.  Since that is something I still have to look forward to, I appreciate knowing that I'm not alone in this.  

My DW often expresses the desire to "go home".  Sometimes I know she just wants this all to be over and to be with her mom and dad.  All I can do is hold her and agree that it will be great when we can both "go home" and be with our loved ones.  Then I just remind her that we have made it this far, and only have a little more to go.  And, that we have been blessed to walk together.

I know that we are often blessed in ways that are hard to understand, but I strongly believe that we are children of a loving Heavenly Father who cares about us and helps us when we need it.  I believe that when we leave this life we be with our loved ones again.  So, thanks for all your encouraging words and prayers for us who are still in the struggles.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Jill, I'm sorry for your new challenges, but I'm glad you can put a positive spin on it. I hope things go well for your brother.
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Thank you for the update Jill.

I too am a woman of faith. My faith comforts me as we travel this journey. Good for you for recognizing the blessing of the timing of your challenges. Best wishes to your brother for a speedy and successful recovery.

God bless you all.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney