Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Shaving!

Joydean
Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
I have been shaving my DH for months. Not an easy thing to do. Today my husband came out of the bathroom and was so very proud of himself. Told me he shaved! I looked at him and sure enough he shaved! He shaved his eye brows off! He found a disposable razor in the back of his drawer in his bathroom. I tried so hard not to laugh because for one he looked so funny and second he was so proud of his self. I know I have to go double check all the drawers. Might as well laugh at some things.

Comments

• sandwichone123
    sandwichone123 Member Posts: 743
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    That is hilarious! And that feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction is a win regardless.
  • Camoruso
    Camoruso Member Posts: 14
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments
    That probably made his day that he did it himself! I love it!
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    You made me laugh, anything that makes a pwd feel self sufficient is a joy.  Sometimes you just gotta laugh.. I haven't  started doing the taking away of sharp objects  yet.   Right now my dw can still do a little crocheting, " after a million false starts" she must have a million pairs of scissors. I mean huge a foot long, when it comes time I just know there will be a pair I will miss somewhere. Right now she hits herself when she gets frustrated.  The b and b's show up. This morning  it's her little finger I have no idea how she did that one?
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Hey, if it made him feel good, why not? But that was funny!!
  • DrinaJGB
    DrinaJGB Member Posts: 425
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    I have bought a half dozen electric shavers over the years and have not found one that actually shaves worth a darn. DH cannot use blades any longer because he cuts himself so much. If anyone has a suggestion for an electric shaver that actually shaves it would be appreciated.
  • Twin Mom
    Twin Mom Member Posts: 81
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments

We just started using this one and to my mind it does a good job...doesn't pull hair...does a reasonable shave...can use with shaving cream, water, in  shower etc....not nice and close like a blade shave...but to my mind does a good job...is fast...and easy .

Philips Norelco One Blade Hybrid Electric Trimmer and Shaver .

• mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Thank you Joydean-I really needed that chuckle today

Michele

• Arrowhead
    Arrowhead Member Posts: 361
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

This conversation happened some time ago between my wife of 44 years and me. I still laugh about it.

Her: I can’t find him.

Me: Can’t find who?

Her: Your husband

Me: My husband?

Her: Yes, your husband.

Me: I’m not gay

Her: You’re not?

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage