Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

What State for Medicaid?

Many posters have reported difficulty obtaining State assistance, and niggardly support at best.  Is there a source of information rating States in that regard?

Comments

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Stuck I just read an article about where you live, they just started expanding medicaid in 2020. I have family in NH and MA. They tell me that its the best, you just can't afford to live there. I live in Tennessee and it has not expanded medicaid. They have come up with Tennessee choice's program. It has the same income type of income limits and qualifications.  I have not had any health insurance in 15 yrs, my dw has medicare and a medigap plan. We have used the fast pace clinics here for most of our minor stuff. It's not minor any more. I just got my red white and blue and its active starting today. I will continue to trust God for everything,  Hope you get the things you need
  • Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

I posted this in the other thread on costs
     https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-the-most-and-least-medicaid-coverage/71573

according to Wallet hub these are the worst states to live in for Medicaid (not specifically for the elderly and dementia but it gives an idea)

• CStrope
    CStrope Member Posts: 487
    100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Crushed, are the headers to explain the data?  Thank you
  • Stuck in the middle
    Stuck in the middle Member Posts: 1,167
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Thank you for the information.

I am not surprised to see Missouri is on the list.  It took a State referendum to expand Medicaid in 2020, because our legislature is rural dominated and is against it.  The winning argument was to keep small town hospitals open.

Part of the majority party's agenda in the coming legislative session is to revoke the Medicaid expansion.

I'm not going anywhere this year but the deaths of my mother and father-in-law have ended my primary reason for living here.  It is not too soon to start researching options for when my wife is no longer aware that she is or is not living in the house she loves.

• Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care