Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just checking in.

abc123
abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Mom's vital signs are still good. She continues to lose herself. However, she had a really good day yesterday! She was more alert and responsive. She even spoke a sentence! Said to the sitter, "What are you doing"? She made duck lips at dad all day. That means she wants a kiss. His heart was happy! 

The weather is beautiful today. It's Mardi Gras Day and that's a big deal where I live. I'm two blocks from the parade route. A lot of my friends are there....waiting on me. I don't have the energy to get dressed. I might go, I might just sit in my backyard. I've got a serious case of the blues. I hope all of you have a good day, a peaceful day. 

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I'm really glad yesterday was such a good day, and I hope there are many more. 

Sorry you're feeling so down. Maybe Mardi Gras will lift your spirits? It might be worth going.

• A. Marie
    A. Marie Member Posts: 118
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    abc123, if I lived within two blocks of the MG parade group, if I had friends waiting for me, and **if** I thought Dad could hold the fort for a couple of hours with Mom, I'd go. It sounds as if you could use the break. Keep us posted.
  • abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Hi Ed and Marie, 

I went! I was late and missed the parades but was able to join some friends to listen to a very good band at a small club on Main Street. Walking distance from the house. Once I left the house my blues disappeared! Very grateful I had the time away! The majority of folks there had been partying/drinking all afternoon. It was great fun watching them dance! The club is on the second story of a beautiful old brick building and has a huge outside balcony that runs across the front. We didn't even go inside! We watched through the floor to ceiling windows.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I'm really glad you were able to go, and get rid of the blues. We've been to New Orleans, and really enjoyed it, even though it was not during Mardi Gras.
  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    I'm glad you went.  Sometimes just getting out of the house can lift our spirits.  And you had friends waiting for you!
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Thanks for checking in. I am delighted you were able to join the MG celebration and ditch the blues!

Hugs to you and the fur babies.

xoxo LT and Hap

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

I too am glad that you check in. And very glad that you mustered up the energy to attend the party. Isn't it amazing how we feel just being away? Good for you.

eagle

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney