Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Let's play hide and seek

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
Yesterday I noticed my wife did not have her upper denture in. I asked her what she did with it. She laughed, and told me she didn't know. We don't have a very large house anymore, but I haven't found it yet. Yes, I checked the garbage. On the bright side, that's more steak for me.

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,719
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Fortunately my search for the (only) truck key only took an hour yesterday Ed.  In lighter moments, we actually laugh about the "hide and seek."  The odd thing is when you find it days later in a completely unexpected place.  Hope you find it...!!  PS I'll take mine medium rare...
  • JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Your bright side made me laugh!

Hope those chompers show up soon. If it's anything like missing things in my house, where they show up will be a story in itself.

• DrinaJGB
    DrinaJGB Member Posts: 425
    100 Comments First Anniversary

A few years ago DH woke up with a swollen jaw. I asked him to open his mouth and his gold crown was gone. I asked where the crown was and when did it happen. "I don't know."

His brain injury left him with diminished pain perception and he stated he was in no pain.I guess he swallowed the crown. Fast forward to treatment for abscess and root canal and new crown--at a hefty cost.He needed no pain reliever afterwards---said nothing hurt at all.

Remarkable.

Ain't it fun playing private detective???

• JJ401
    JJ401 Member Posts: 312
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions

The find the denture search. We did this in the fall.

We left the house wearing masks. We traveled through the airport and masked all day. When we got to our destination, and DH removed his mask, his partial was missing. I had no idea if he left it home or it was in an airport bathroom. I searched our luggage. My sons went to the house and looked. It was not to be found. We came home and I searched again. Finally, I called the dentist on a Friday and got a Monday appointment. Sunday I left for an hour and when I came home he was wearing the partial. DH denied it was ever missing and said he had always had it.

I hope your wife’s turns up. 

• Arrowhead
    Arrowhead Member Posts: 361
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    You're lucky. I had the same problem, except that was my denture that disappeared. I never did find it and eventually replaced it. My wife has done that with quite a number of things. She's always moving things and I usually find them, but there are some that I can't figure out where she put them.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more