Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

If you use a Roku....

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
It might be a good idea to keep current with your debit charge activities from your bank. A few days ago I found a charge for $9.99 from Roku for a new ongoing WarnerMedia subscription. We don't subscribe through Roku for anything, and I have a pin that must be used to make purchases. The debit card on file with Roku is no longer valid, so someone got the information for my current card, and used it. Trying to get it straightened out was less than easy. The bank told me I had to get in touch with Roku, and they gave me a phone number for them that didn't go anywhere. Somehow I wound up on a Roku user forum, and saw that someone else had a problem with a WarnerMedia subscription. I got on an automated "chat" with Roku, and told them about the problem. Today I received a message saying they would issue a credit for $9.99, and cancel the subscription, even though it did not show up in my subscriptions. Not sure how all this happened, but it appears to have originated with Roku. I'll get a new debit card tomorrow. Beware!

Comments

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,762
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    I will add to the beware. I got an email from "Amazon" re an order. It looked realer than real. Almost bought into it.
  • towhee
    towhee Member Posts: 472
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    Thanks Ed, I use roku and I'll keep an eye out now. Latest scam here is a call saying I am on a list to get a partial refund of student loans. Since I never took out any student loans I am not biting on that one.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more