Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Sitter

Sitter came for first time today. He was doing the dishes (yes he still can do,them). I had told her he gets fixated. Well there was a serving bowl he couldn’t figure where it went so for 3 hours he stood in kitchen worried about where it goes.  She tried to distract and suggest other ideas I’d given her to suggest. After I arrived He said that was the easiest money anyone ever earned.  We did his pills this afternoon. He’s still in the bathroom thinking they aren’t right. Went in and offer to go thru them again but he didn’t like that. I’m in living room answering email. Wonder how long he’ll stay in there?

Comments

• Memphisdee
    Memphisdee Member Posts: 64
    10 Comments Second Anniversary
    4 hours, saddest thing!  I need some distraction techniques. He won’t be doing pills any more
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,719
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    At least he didn't drive her off Dee. Did you stay for any of the time she was there?
  • Gig Harbor
    Gig Harbor Member Posts: 564
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

My husband can rearrange socks in a drawer for two hours. He thinks he is doing something that needs to be done so I let him and eventually comment on what a good job he has done and then suggest a snack or a walk. I have sitters coming in three days a week and they go for a walk with him and then fix him a late lunch. He does like to fold laundry but in the last week that has become a struggle. This disease keeps us on our toes.

• Memphisdee
    I was gone for 3 hours, she’s sat with dementia patients before. He aunt had dementia also.
  • Memphisdee
    Good to hear I’m not only one. He was 5 hours worried the pills weren’t right standing!  I guess I should enjoy the break. He won’t be doing pills any more.  Something new every day.
  • Memphisdee
    No I was gone the whole 3 hours thx!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia