Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

@ButterflyWings

abc123
abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

We have a member called LizzieLou, she posted about finances. Her DH has them in a dangerous situation. Please read her thread. I think you might be able to help her.

Thank you!

Comments

• ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions

‘Morning abc123- 

Thank you and “good looking out, as they say”. I saw that in the wee hours and it triggered detailed memories in ways I did not expect. Among other things, I have a splitting headache and was trying to learn meditation techniques on the fly, to redirect some of this stress. Bizarre. I can see how we caregivers experience actual PTSD from this journey. Flashbacks and physical reactions. 

But I was happy and not surprised to see some of the same members had already given LizzieLou exactly the same guidance they offered me and it helped A LOT — so I will post to encourage her that she’s right it is terrifying, but that she can take the bull (and seeming bullies at times) by the horn and get through this. 

Thanks for your thoughtfulness even as you are deep in the caregiving trenches at the moment, yourself. We are sending you (((hugs))) and loads of endurance at this challenging time in your LO’s journey as well.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more