Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

@ Sorrickba

abc123
abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
Hello Sorrickba, I read a post you made on another thread. I am encouraging you to please start a new thread about the issues you are dealing with at home with your husband. Pat6177 replied to you on the other thread and offered some excellent advice. You are in dire need of help and suggestions from members here who have lived thru what you are dealing with. Some members are actually dealing with it right now. At the top of the screen will be a Green Button that says Add Topic. Click on that green button and start your own thread. More members will be able to respond and help you! I'm very sorry this is happening to you. You must keep yourself safe. A person with dementia can become very dangerous in a flash. They can't help it but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be safe! Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing! Does your husband have a geriatric psychiatrist? They are experienced with dementia patients and experts at prescribing antipsychotic meds. There is no shame in using this type of meds. It can help your husband have a better quality of life which means you will too. Violence should never be tolerated. Find a safe room in your house with a lock on the door. Keep your phone charged and always with you. One member here kept an overnight bag in hidden in her trunk for emergencies when she had to quickly leave the house. Your life could depend on it.

Comments

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney