Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

It’s spring here

French
French Member Posts: 445
100 Comments Second Anniversary

I feel like I'm living again.

Last week I asked and obtained a sport coach who comes twice a week (added to the aquagym)

On Thursday there was another crisis. The other resident husband (my dear spy) called me. My partner was prostrate, crying. We decided to change the rythme. He called the nurse and we decided : 

No more nap after lunch but sport either with the coach or exercise bike in the sport room. And instead of giving the sleeping pill at diner and going directly to bed at 8pm, he will go to the spy room to watch tv with him till 10:30pm and will only have his pill the and go to bed.

For the moment it worked and my partner is better and happy. I already asked for these changes but I now understand that I mustn’t ask but impose them.

Comments

• Stuck in the middle
    Stuck in the middle Member Posts: 1,167
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

I am pleased to hear that you and your partner are doing well.  I bought some potted flowers yesterday to plant in the urns on the retaining wall in front of my house.  Spring is truly here.

Your partner is fortunate to have your help, even from so far away.

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    French! I am very, very happy for you! Enjoy spring! It's my favorite season AND also fall. I am so anxious to work in my flower beds.
  • sophirolr
    sophirolr Member Posts: 27
    10 Comments
    Perfectly! Keep it up!
  • emmamom
    emmamom Member Posts: 16
    10 Comments
    Yes, sport is a great solution! For example, I also liked to do sports and it brings me a good mood for the whole day and I feel healthier. It all started with the fact that I decided to challenge myself and do sports for 100 days (I decided this when I read https://betterme.world/articles/how-much-weight-can-you-lose-in-100-days/ ). It seemed to me a good idea and I was not mistaken. It's only been 50 day and I probably won't stop at 100 days because I love it!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more