Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Poo corner

Buggsroo
Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions
The last couple of days have been filled with every kind of mess a body can create. My husband caught some kind of bug, he stopped eating or ate so little I was worried he was going to get dehydrated. He threw up in his bed, the floor etc. He also pooed the bed, on the floor, in the kitchen etc. I did about eight loads of laundry, cleaned up so much poo and vomit. 
One interesting thing is that I am quite used to cleaning up bodily fluids, I no longer retch. This helps a lot. I have taken to calling our house as the house on poo corner.
My husband has trouble swallowing and makes choking noises. This was the first day he was able to eat his lunch and dinner. I have thought of buying shares in Clorox, it is a life saver. 
At first I thought he was seriously going downhill, I have gotten him to wear depends to bed. It has been really stressful but I am relieved he seems to be on the mend. I wanted to go out today just to get some fresh air but was so tired, fell asleep in the couch in the basement. Never a dull moment here, living the dream.

Comments

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

I’m so sorry! But as you said, you no longer throw up! I used to could clean anything up, somewhere along the way I thowup at the slightest things.

Glad to hear he’s feeling better. 

• Battlebuddy
    Battlebuddy Member Posts: 331
    100 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    That just sounds awful . So much stinky mess. I’m so sorry you had to go through that. You must be exhausted. I hope you get some fresh air tomorrow!
  • Memphisdee
    Memphisdee Member Posts: 64
    10 Comments Second Anniversary
    Oh my thinking of you. We are in assisted living since Wednesday and they didn’t tell me to get mattress cover. He pooed a few spots on mattress. They cleaned the sheets, I went and got cover and my sheets from home. It’s always something. Hope all,is well now!
  • Sligo177
    Sligo177 Member Posts: 165
    100 Comments Second Anniversary

Bugsroo,

I'm so sorry you are going through this.  I so admire your sense of humor and your strength.  You are my hero!  Prayers for you and your DH.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more