Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Cataract surgery(3)

My dw had her cataract surgery today and she came through it, and there doesn't seem to be any side effects from the anesthesia. So greatful.  They used  Versed for anesthesia. As far as reminding her about her appointment,  I started  last night cause I had to scrub her eye lashes. This morning, I started telling her it was an eye exam, and got her to do one thing at a time which worked really well.  She asked me 6 times on the way home how long do I have to wear this thing" clear eye protector, and do I have to go back for a checkup. That is comparable to the questions on the way there " what are they gonna do?  I posted this for others who may be considering the same thing.

Comments

• JDancer
    JDancer Member Posts: 454
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments
    I hope you don't have trouble with the follow up eye drops. Please let us know how it goes.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

JDancer she had what they call dropless surgery. 

They inject Trimox in the eye at the end of the surgery.

I was relieved I wasn't going to have to do the drops.

She has a followup visit tomorrow. I asked them to put the eye shield on before they let her go so she can't rub her eye accidentally. She has settled down. I gave her Tylenol for her eye cause it hurt a little,that was they eye places  recommendation. If all goes well we get the other eye done which isn't as bad.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,361
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes
    I'm so glad it went well.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    That's really good news. You handled it very well. Glad things went so well.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    So glad everything went so well! It’s always nice to hear good news! Thank you. Thank
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    The support and advice has certainly played a big part, which will benefit my wife's quality of life. Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Suddenly  I find it ironic that this is the second time I have helped my dw with her vision. When we were first married, I noticed her vision was worse than my own, so I took her to an eye doctor and got her glasses. She worked in a retail store and the first time she walked in after she got her glasses she proclaimed " I can see the other side of the store. I never forgot that  but as I was writing this it came back. Huh.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more