Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Lynne D

Joydean
Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
Lynne how are you doing? You have been on heart lately and I hope you are doing okay. I

Comments

• Lynne D
    Lynne D Member Posts: 276
    100 Comments Second Anniversary

Ah Joydean, you are so kind and fill my heart! I am fine. My HWD settled back to baseline pretty quickly.

I drove an hour round trip to find that the GriefShare meeting I signed up for had concluded. The pastor called me the next day and apologized for the online error, and gave me some resources to pursue.

HWD’s mother is now non-responsive and will be gone in a matter of days. My husband is totally non-reactive. “People get old and die,” he says. He was completely unempathic when my dad passed away 10 years ago (before his diagnosis). So, I guess it is good news that I don’t have to deal with him being upset by his mother’s passing!

I have a field of purple cross flower in bloom and am getting out to garden. Our cousin and I are going to a hot springs on Monday while I have respite care. Time, nature, and some lovely people around me are helping.

I appreciate you!

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lynne, I’m so glad you are getting to do something with your cousin. I think it would be so good to just have a normal conversation with someone. Being outside working in my gardens and seeing new life is my respite for now. 

Prayers for you dear lady! 

• mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Lynne,

So happy you have plans and they sound wonderful Once again you made me chuckle,every resource I call for grief counseling is either ending or not meeting in person(which I really need) they say see ya in the fall! 

Have a ball in your short respite,  Joydean enjoy your garden,

Prayers, Michele

I

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Joydean, thank you for asking about Lynne. You are very kind and I always appreciate your comments to others.

Lynne, thank you for the update. I am very glad to hear about your respite time with your cousin. I will google to see a picture of the purple cross flower you mentioned. I am a gardening addict! I love to get my hands into the earth. It feeds my soul. Yesterday I was fortunate to spend an entire hour in my back yard. I planted a few things that were in pots to survive the winter. I was able to dig out a ton of weeds. If I get to spend another hour out there soon, it'll be looking like a real flower garden again.

I am sorry to hear about your dear MIL. I know how much I miss my MIL. She was a small lady with a huge personality. She taught me a lot about life, love and loss. There are times when I actually laugh out loud when I think of something she said. She could always make me smile. My daughter often calls to ask about one of Mimi's recipe's. Lynne, I'm sorry this is all happening to you, I wish I could make it all stop. You are in my prayers. 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more