Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Interesting Read(3)

Scooterr's post about his wife got me to thinking about a book I read 2 or 3 years ago: Unthinkable: What the World's Most Extraordinary Brains Can Teach Us About Our Own. The book alternated between case studies of real people and a discussion of how our brains work and think.

The book has nothing to do with dementia. But I was fascinated by the book and it gave me some insight into how my husband might be thinking as his brain breaks down. And left me with the feeling that it's amazing any of us are "normal". 

Just wanted to share in case anyone else had heard of or read this book. 

Comments

• aannaa
    aannaa Member Posts: 31
    10 Comments First Anniversary
    Wow thanks for sharing. I like to read books. So I will definitely read this book. I study a lot, but I read even more, especially what I like. I sometimes have to turn to https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples/animal-testing to help with studying to spend more time with a book. I love psychological books especially books that help to understand the thinking of other people. I think I should read this book as soon as possible!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more