Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Buying shares in Clorox and FebreezeI

Buggsroo
Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions
It was my husband’s birthday today so gave him a piece of chocolate and a bowl of frozen yoghurt. Bad idea, he had another accident, luckily he was wearing depends. However, there was a big mess on the floor.
On went the blue heavy rubber gloves, I got stuck in and cleaned the floor up with toilet paper. I washed the floor with Clorox and sprayed Febreeze. It was much better smelling, a blend of Clorox, poo and clean laundry. I have stopped gagging, now it is just a clean up without any drama. My husband’s daughter called and I filled her in about his condition. Now I hope his son calls. His other son is a total dolt so don’t expect anything from him.

Comments

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

So glad you bought stock, you will be a rich lady! Don’t know of anyone that doesn’t use both products. Glad you made it through without gagging, we are not there yet and sure don’t look forward to it.

Take care! 

• Gig Harbor
    Gig Harbor Member Posts: 564
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    Another thing you can do is put a drop or two of peppermint or clove oil in a mask and wear it while cleaning up. I used to do this when I cleaned up patients.
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I'm sorry this happened Buggsroo.  Perhaps he is lactose intolerant?  There is non-dairy ice cream.

Today is my birthday too.

Iris

• Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes
    Happy birthday, Iris! I think we both live in S. CA
  • Elshack
    Elshack Member Posts: 238
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Buggsroo

I have become an expert in poo cleanup. The best thing to use is men's foaming shaving cream spray along with paper towels for the initial cleanup. I got this hint here on these boards and it really helps. Of course you follow that up with your clorox or whatever you need to clean the floor. Then instead of febreeze use a spray odor eliminator called Zero odor or something that does not have a scent! It works much better to instantly remove the smell of poo. 

• Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Happy birthday Iris, hope you had a great day.
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Thank you Cherjer and Buggsroo.  I live in LB.

Elshack, thanks for sharing.  I need a better odor eliminator for my blind cat's accidents.  She doesn't always make it to the litter box.  I have been using Kids and Pets Stain and Odor Remover.  I'll try your product.

Iris

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Happy birthday Iris!
  • Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Hi Iris...I live in HB!

• LilySue
    LilySue Member Posts: 37
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    I love lighting some incense. It works really well at eliminating odors and I end up feeling like I'm in an interesting bookstore!
  • Kibbee
    Kibbee Member Posts: 229
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions
    I am also a fan of incense!  Don't scrimp.. buy the good stuff.  You can find it at a food co-ops, and natural food stores / Whole Foods.  Well worth the money.  I do a pre-emptive strike and light a stick in the bathroom whenever he is in there "working on a project".  Since I have to go in after and help him with clean-up, it makes the experience much more tolerable.  I also burn some in his room from time-to-time, just to freshen things up a bit.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more