Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

A little (o)bit about my DH Jesse

Hello forum family and friends. You have been by my side during this journey. I thank you and I am grateful for you. I wanted to share a little (o)bit about my DH.

Jesse passed away peacefully at his home, with his wife at his side. Jesse’s life was full of adventure, shenanigans and love. Those adventures took him around the world, living at times in Trinidad, Tortola, Italy, Syria, Ireland, Venezuela, as well as Galveston, Lampasas, Austin and finally, Kerrville, Texas.

During his short life, Jesse was a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, uncle, cousin, nephew, son, brother, good neighbor, veteran of the Army Infantry, side kick and faithful friend.  He can be described as rule breaker, risk taker, loving, mischievous, handsome, caring, smart, generous, funny, adventurous, thoughtful, animal lover, gunslinger, speed racer, danger seeker, dare devil, music lover, superhero, life saver, a fine fellow, Lutheran, scuba diver, rancher, shrimper, auto enthusiast, realtor/broker, entrepreneur, business owner, Alzheimer’s Warrior and the love of LT’s life.

His greatest legacy is his son, Jesse and grandson, Maverick.

In accordance with Jesse’s wishes, no services are planned. In lieu of flowers, please spend time with someone special to you, in Jesse’s memory. 

Comments

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

(((Dear Lady)))))

That was beautiful. Jesse was a very handsome man.  Jesse had a very fulfilling life. I think you were probably one of the best things in Jesse's life. Jesse was lucky to have someone loving and caring like you by his side till the end. Rest in Peace Jesse. Hugs to you Lady. Zetta 

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Great picture LT. And wonderful words.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Lady T, hope you are taking care of yourself and getting some rest. Thank you for sharing the beautiful tribute to your Jesse, and the very nice picture of him. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    Thanks for sharing. You will have wonderful memories of a wonderful man. That's a great picture.
  • Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Lady T,

Jesse was very handsome, I can tell you two were a fabulous couple, and it’s obvious you two loved each other very much. I like the sound of him, I am so sorry for your loss.

• Jean loves wildlife
    Jean loves wildlife Member Posts: 31
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions
    What a beautiful tribute. Sounds like he was a wonderful man and lived a fulfilling life. Handsome too - what a great picture. So sad that AD cut it short. My heart goes out to you in the loss of the love of your life, and you were surely the love of his. Wishing you peace and solace as you mourn his passing, and hoping you are able to build a bright future for yourself in time.
  • Gig Harbor
    Gig Harbor Member Posts: 564
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

He sounds like he was an amazing man and a very handsome man with a wonderful smile.

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Dear Lady Texan, Thank you! Thank you for sharing this beautiful tribute to Jesse with us! All this time I thought of him as a patient. Yes, I realized he was your husband, and yes, we all know how much you loved him and how devoted you were to him. Now we know why. What an amazing man he was. There is no doubt in my mind, had your Jesse and my John ever had the chance to cross paths they would have been good friends. So many of the descriptions you made about Jesse brought back happy memories for me. Gunslinger he was not. John picked up a gun once in his life, one of mine. There is a hole in the beautiful cypress coffee table he made for me. The spent casing is in my curio cabinet. Just two small memories that remind me of the man I loved and the life we had together. My memories are many and they are priceless. They keep me thankful of the time we had together. Lady, you are in my prayers now more than ever. I hope and pray that your memories will bring you comfort and peace as mine bring me.

Sincerely,

abc123

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Thank you, LT, for introducing us to your DH.  Lovely tribute.

Here’s another tribute to Jesse  

https://youtu.be/sgYP-nExMMQ

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    LT, It sounds life Jesse lived life to the fullest, cherish those memories.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Lady, what a nice obit! He was a man who loved life, and he was blessed to have you by his side as he traveled this awful road of dementia. You have a trunk full of memories, and I hope they help you on the new highway to your new life.
  • Pam BH
    Pam BH Member Posts: 195
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Lady Texan, that is absolutely a wonderful remembrance of the love of your life. The words paint a picture of a man who fully loved life and who was fully loved.  Many prayers for you in the coming days.  P.S. I see a career of writing in your future! You have a mastery with words.
  • Rosi's Mom
    Rosi's Mom Member Posts: 11
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Comments
    Beautiful tribute to the love of your life! It sounds like a life well lived. Sending you hugs and prayers for comfort and peace.
  • David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary
    I can only echo the comments from all the others. Sounds like someone I would have liked to have known. A special guy for sure!
  • Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    A very nice tribute to your Jesse.  He looks to be, and sounds like, “one of the good guys, gone too soon”. Peace to you and your loved ones going forward.
  • Lane Simonian
    Lane Simonian Member Posts: 348
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Your obituary for your husband beautifully described his nature and character.  I am sad for you and your family for your great loss.  

I hope reflections about your husband bring you some comfort and peace over the coming days and years.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,766
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Thank you .... what a wonderful idea to share this information. I am sending you an invite to share my husbands with you.....I think our husbands would have been great friends.
  • DrinaJGB
    DrinaJGB Member Posts: 425
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    So sorry for your loss.
  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Dear Lady T., what a wonderful tribute to a remarkable man.  Thank you so much for sharing this with us!  It helped me to see him as the vital and active man he was.  He is at peace now and healed.  I pray that you find comfort in that knowledge.  And as the days progress, I pray you find joy in remembering your dear, handsome Jesse.  God bless you dear Lady.

Brenda

• Jewelsrr
    Jewelsrr Member Posts: 45
    10 Comments First Anniversary
    So sorry, this disease is so cruel. I hope you can find comfort in your memories, your child and grand child.
  • tjrjr
    tjrjr Member Posts: 14
    So sorry for your lose.
  • amicrazytoo
    amicrazytoo Member Posts: 169
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    So beautiful! No wonder he was the love of your life!
  • extex
    extex Member Posts: 62
    You stepped up to the challenge big time.  Of course, even Alzheimer’s caregiving is  no hill for a climber.  So sorry the LOYL is gone, but so glad the Alzheimer’s is. You are a strong woman and we are all proud of you!
  • Stella Luna
    Stella Luna Member Posts: 50
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Comments

Lady Texan,

Please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of your beloved Jesse. He had a wonderful life and a wonderful wife who took the best care of him until the end. May the memories of great times spent together help you through this difficult time.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more