Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Folks we were all bamboozled by government again.

Comments

• Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,444
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

The Great Barrington Declaration was widely condemned by scientists around the globe, and NIAID Director Anthony Fauci, MD, referred to it as "nonsense" and "very dangerous." However, the previous White House administration embraced it for a period of time.

The declaration was signed at a summit in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, and hosted by the American Institute of Economic Research (AIER) -- although the AIER maintained that there were no financial ties. AIER, a libertarian, free-market think tank, has a long history of denying science on climate changehttps://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/95601

You are haning with some very lethal deadly people  

Here is how believing that kid of crap gets you killed
      May be an image of text that says 'By quintile, the 20% of Americans living in counties most supportive of in 2020 Trump Biden In fall 2021, death rates in the counties most supportive of Trump were about four times as high as in the counties most supportive of Biden s total daily eaths declined spring 2021, 0 did differences 7 the death rate June Sept. Dec. Feb. 2021 2021 2021 2022 election vote won by Trump and by Biden Each quintile'

• King Boo
    King Boo Member Posts: 302
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Likes

Looking at this graph from another angle, so no one panics if they are a Republican -

Older people tended to support Trump.  Older people had higher mortality from Covid.

Younger people tended to support Biden.  Younger people had lower mortality from Covid. 

Thank you for posting this, ME.  A lot of people are not familiar with it.

• Stuck in the middle
    Stuck in the middle Member Posts: 1,167
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    A woman was interviewed on the local TV news last night on the occasion of her 100th birthday.  She said one advantage people had years ago was they listened to their doctors instead of to politicians.  Sharp old lady.
  • Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

I am starting to lose my respect for you. What does this have to dose with climate change. Stay on subject and don’t try to confuse me.

• Crushed
    Michael Ellenbogen wrote:

I am starting to lose my respect for you. What does this have to dose with climate change. Stay on subject and don’t try to confuse me.

You started this thread with a cite to teh Great barrington declaration

https://gbdeclaration.org/

Great Barrington Declaration

As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection.

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE ?

• Crushed
    King Boo wrote:

Looking at this graph from another angle, so no one panics if they are a Republican -

Older people tended to support Trump.  Older people had higher mortality from Covid.

Younger people tended to support Biden.  Younger people had lower mortality from Covid. 

Thank you for posting this, ME.  A lot of people are not familiar with it.

It's not being Republican , its not being vaccinated and hanging around with unvaccinated people  

Deaths rates of the elderly vary widely due to vaccination TEXAS  provides excellent data stratified by age   Green is 50 64  yellow is 65-75  (note recent data is incomplete )

• Crushed

We did not find a significantly or clinically meaningful lower risk of medical admission to a hospital or prolonged emergency department observation (primary composite outcome) with ivermectin administered for 3 days at a dose of 400 μg per kilogram per day than with placebo. We found no important effects of treatment with ivermectin on the secondary outcomes.

Effect of Early Treatment with Ivermectin among Patients with Covid-19

New England Journal of Medicine March 22 2022

https://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJMoa2115869?articleTools=true

Tennessee  has one of the worst records in the USA for covid deaths since vaccination

It is one of the states that has had more deaths in the past year than from the beginning of the pandemic
     March 2020 -April 11 2021       12,693        

April 11 2021 to April 11 2022  13,328

In Contrast   Maryland   March 2020 April 11 2021   8956
     April 11 2021  April 11 2022                                       5424

This is considered a measure of the effectiveness of public health actions in the state  

Here are the numbers for some other states  the second number is the past yer 
     Florida   34610    39246
     Texas      49612    38504

California   59628    29894

New York     51433   17147

Since the whole USA is 580 855   431 576  any state that has more deaths in the past year is not a state to emulate

• King Boo

Quote: It's not being Republican , its not being vaccinated and hanging around with unvaccinated people 

The graph reported outcome by political party affiliation, hence my comment.      It assumes a Trump supporter is not vaccinated (I stand by my  note that it most likely reflects the older age demographic) and that a Biden supporter is vaccinated.  

The follow up graph about vaccinated and unvaccinated elderly - sure.  They are the most vulnerable; the most likely to die; they benefit most from vaccination.   For however long it lasts.

There are also multiple studies out there that indicate the vaccinated spread COVID 19 too. New England Journal of Medicine, and for example;

Excerpt from the Lancet Journal of Infectious Disease: January 2022 , Franco-Paredes, Carlo "Transmissability of SARS-Cov2...."

The scientific rationale for mandatory vaccination in the USA relies on the premise that vaccination prevents transmission to others, resulting in a “pandemic of the unvaccinated”.

Yet, the demonstration of COVID-19 breakthrough infections among fully vaccinated health-care workers (HCW) in Israel, who in turn may transmit this infection to their patients,

requires a reassessment of compulsory vaccination policies leading to the job dismissal of unvaccinated HCW in the USA. Indeed, there is growing evidence that peak viral titres in the upper airways of the lungs and culturable virus are similar in vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.2,3,5–7

• King Boo

The graph did not show vaccinated or unvaccinated, it showed who you supported for President.  Hence my comment.

It has been shown that the vaccinated can spread COVID too.  New England Journal of Medicine, the Lancet Journal of Infectious Disease have studies.

From the Lancet, January 2022, Franco-Paredes, Carlo "Transmissibility of SARS-Cov2 among fully vaccinated individuals."  

This study showed that the impact of vaccination on community transmission of circulating variants of SARS-CoV-2 appeared to be not significantly different from the impact among unvaccinated people.

The scientific rationale for mandatory vaccination in the USA relies on the premise that vaccination prevents transmission to others, resulting in a “pandemic of the unvaccinated”.

Yet, the demonstration of COVID-19 breakthrough infections among fully vaccinated health-care workers (HCW) in Israel, who in turn may transmit this infection to their patients,

requires a reassessment of compulsory vaccination policies leading to the job dismissal of unvaccinated HCW in the USA.

The Great Barrington Declaration is not a fringe document.  It had 3 principal Authors, from Harvard, Stanford and Oxford; it had 43 other MD PhD orignal signatories; epidemiologists, microbiologists and immunologists; oncologists, epidemiologists, Professors of Public Health; Biomedical Data Scientists; Oncologists; Psychologists; Biophysists, Disease Modelers; Critical Care Physicians, Public Policy Health Physician; Biostatisticians and a myriad of other specialties.

In addition to this, over 60,000 Medical Physicians and Researchers have signed this.

Beware any coversation about COVID 19 that is started solely on the basis of political orientation.  It's misuse is a powerful tool to manipulate people into an immediate dismissive stance without using critical thinking.

Read, Question, use your own evaluative skills.  

• King Boo

Macamaw-

I could not access the article due to a paywall.  But from the title it is good news, regardless.

Physicians were censured and some lost their positions due to off label use.  Let Doctors be Doctors.  

• King Boo

Michael-

Go to caregiver's and you will find your thread that you posted an answer to here. 

• Crushed

the graph shows vaccinated and unvacinated stratified by age in texas

un vaccinated have dots

unvaccinated across the usa are dying at a higher rate 

New COVID-19 data shows unvaccinated have 'triple' the risk of death compared with fully jabbedSouth Australian health authorities have released COVID vaccination statistics showing people who are unvaccinated are more than three times as likely to die from the virus than those who've had three doses.https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-12/sa-health-data-shows-covid-unvaccinated-at-higher-risk-of-death/100983874

PHOTO: Rate of COVID-19 deaths in vaccinated vs. unvaccinated Americans

Fully vaccinated people are 93% less likely to die of COVID compared to unvaccinated people https://fortune.com/2022/02/04/fully-vaccinated-93-percent-less-likely-covid-death-compared-unvaccinated/

Risk of Covid-19 Death Is 93% Lower for Fully Vaccinated People Than Unvaccinated

Mortality rates were “consistently lower” across all age groups for those who had received an extra dose, the U.K.’s Office for National Statistics says.https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-04/covid-19-risks-for-vaccinated-vs-unvaccinated-93-lower-uk-ons-says

• Michael Ellenbogen

Who would believe any statistics after we were also bamboozled by government again on them also.  I have been very stupid and should have known better. That can not be trusted. I guess it my dementia that does not allow me to see things clearly any more. The old me would not have gotten bamboozled.

• David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary

This topic is unrelated to the focus of this forum, and should be labeled “OT” for Off Topic. 

PS: I have given up trying to change peoples minds on covid, climate change, and politics. It’s a losing game. 

• Michael Ellenbogen

David J - are you referring to me about off topic for the actual tread i shared.

• David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary
    Yes, Michael. I admire you for all the good work you have done to promote Alzheimer’s research, caregiver support, and other pertinent topics. Politics, unless directly related to Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia, belongs elsewhere, but if you must post, include OT in the topic title please.
  • Michael Ellenbogen

TThanks David, 

II thought  it had to do with those living with dementia  who suffered so much because of COVID. As far as remering to do what you said I so wish I could but I can not even remember how to use my stereo or camera.  So folks will have to excuse me as I am lucky to just do what I do.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more