Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Death and a Thank You Note

My DH died last Sunday. Although I posted only a couple questions on the forum during our three-year journey, in the last year I used the it as both an encyclopedia and a source of comfort. I had so many questions and felt so much pain during this time. I finally opted to place my DH in memory care on March 8. Once there he declined quickly--though I had begun to see the beginning of a decline just before I placed him. Little did I know he would die a month later. I would like to think he willed it that way. What I do know is that his suffering his over. Thank you to all who contribute information and solace to the forum. You kept me going.

Comments

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,678
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Bluestone I am so sorry about the loss of your DH.
  • Lynne D
    Lynne D Member Posts: 276
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    My condolences for your loss.
  • MTonya
    MTonya Member Posts: 13
    10 Comments First Anniversary
    I’m sorry for your loss. My condolences..
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    My condolences also in the loss of your DH. I pray for peace and comfort for you!
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Dear Bluestone. 

I am so very sorry for your loss. I recently lost my DH too. I don't have words to describe how unreal my life seems right now. 

I have found this forum to be both informative and comforting. It is one of the best resources I had access to during the dementia journey.

May God watch over you and comfort you and your loved ones.

-LT

• JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Dear Bluestone, I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear husband. 

I also placed my husband on March 8. That was quite a day. I'm glad you had the support of the nurses and staff there to help you through his last month. 

• David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary
    Bluestone- I’m sorry for your loss and I understand keeping things close to your chest. Be good to yourself and know you did everything possible for your LO.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Bluestone I  am so sorry for the loss of your dh.
  • Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    Bluestone, I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray that you feel God's peace and strength to get you through this tough time.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I'm sorry, Bluestone. He is in a better place now. May God give you peace and strength for the coming days.
  • jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,766
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Dear Bluestone.....please add my condolences and please know that there is a Stage 8 here.
  • Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Bluestone,

I am very sorry for your loss. My condolences.

• Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 442
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions
    Bluestone, my sincere condolences on the loss of your DH. And I agree, this forum is so helpful.
  • Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    I am sorry for you loss. May you find some peace in the days ahead.
  • Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    I am sorry for your loss.
  • Bluestone
    Bluestone Member Posts: 4
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Thank you for all the condolences. I was so focused on Stages 6 and 7 during the past year that I never learned what Stage 8 was. Now I know. Daunting.
  • harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,364
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes
    Bluestone-

I am sorry for your loss. 

HB
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Dear Bluestone, I send condolences on the death of your beloved husband.  Like you, the wonderful people here kept my head above water during the worst of times.

There are many here who have lost their LOs and have entered Stage eight.  If you wish, please feel free to come and visit as much as you wish; we are all still here for one another both during the dementia journey as well as afterward.  You would  have much experience to share with others if you wish to do so.

The next days will be busy and much to acclimate to, let us know how you are when you have the time and will to do so.  We will be thinking of you.

J.

• Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

I'm sorry for your loss. Do not worry or wonder if your husband willed his death this disease is horrible, and it can change on a dime. My wife went downhill really fast I put her in memory care and six weeks later she passed away. I do not believe or think that it was because she was in memory care, I think it was just time for her to go. I wish she was here with me just as you wish that he was here with you, but they no longer suffer and we need to take joy and comfort in that, even though it is sad. God’s Blessings to you.

• Paris20
    Paris20 Member Posts: 502
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    Bluestone, you have my condolences. Caregiving for a DH, whose outcome is certain, takes strength and fortitude we never knew we had. May his memory be a blessing to you.
  • Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    My deepest condolences to you, Bluestone, on the loss of your DH.  His suffering is over; time for your healing to begin.  Blessings to you.
  • abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Dear Bluestone, I'm very sorry for the loss of your dear husband. You will be in my thoughts and prayers every day. Sending you peace as you find your way.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more