Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Music memories

I was mowing yesterday for about 5hrs about 7 acres and I listen to some music and I have a song on my Playlist by David Ball, "whenever you come back to me" it has always reminded me of my dw. But now in the context of our present life it has even greater meaning.  This was on my mind to post this wondering what others might have for a favorite that reminds them of their lo. This is an aged group here I would love to hear some good songs today.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    There are several songs that do that for me. Usually they're old standards, but there are a few from our first days together that bind us together, but we would consider comical now. You know them. Lyrics like "Boola boola ram, ding dong". Yeah, we actually listened to that stuff.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Ed I remember hearing them I had an older sister who played these moldy oldies. I was a toddler in 57
  • Scooterr
    Scooterr Member Posts: 168
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes

It's ironic toolbelt I just got off my mower and caught a glimpse of your post. I would have to say, my DW and I have a few songs, but our favorite is by Randy Travis the song is Forever and Ever, Amen. In the song Travis mentioned, "how time plays tricks on the a memory and makes people forget things they knew." Who would have ever guessed? Anyway that's been our go to song ever since it came out. I think in the 80's.

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Scooterr wrote:

It's ironic toolbelt I just got off my mower and caught a glimpse of your post. I would have to say, my DW and I have a few songs, but our favorite is by Randy Travis the song is Forever and Ever, Amen. In the song Travis mentioned, "how time plays tricks on the a memory and makes people forget things they knew." Who would have ever guessed? Anyway that's been our go to song ever since it came out. I think in the 80's.

Yes I know that one we have a few Randy travis cd's,  it sounds like you. Hope your having a good day.
  • Scooterr
    Scooterr Member Posts: 168
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    toolbeltexpert wrote:
    Scooterr wrote:

Yes I know that one we have a few Randy travis cd's,  it sounds like you. Hope your having a good day.

Same too you Buddy. Stay strong.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney