Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I am so sick

Kevcoy
Kevcoy Member Posts: 129
Fourth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions
Well the aunt and cousin are NOT coming but in the meantime I got horribly sick.  Aches and  pains combined with uncontrollable shaking and chills.  Up all night coughing, shortness of breath, runny nose and dry heaves.  The kicker is I have a temperature of 102 which is very unusual as I seldom run a fever.  I'm going to take DH with me to get a Covid test when they open so we can both get tested.  Please send your good thoughts our way, it has been a tough week.

Comments

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Definitely sending prayers and good wishes for you both! Keep us posted. I sure hope you get better quickly! Glad the company is not coming, you sure don’t need any more problems! God bless you both! 

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

I am so very sorry you are ill.  Very good idea to get tested.  If negative that is great; if positive than medication can be prescribed which can be helpful.

So glad the visitors are not coming after all.  That is a blessing even moreso now that you are feeling so ill.

Do keep us posted and let us know how you are, we will be thinking of you.

J.

• June45
    June45 Member Posts: 365
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions
    Oh my Kevcoy, this has all been too much, but so glad company isn't coming. That would have been way over the top. Yes, we will be thinking of you.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Kevcoy so sorry I will pray for a quick recovery.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Sorry you have become ill on top of all the other problems. Hopefully it is just a stomach flu, as we call it. In a day or so you will begin to feel a little better. Keep us posted.
  • jmlarue
    jmlarue Member Posts: 511
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    So very sorry you're sick. You've really been through the wringer. I don't know how I could possibly cope with caring for my DH if I was sick like that. Thank heaven the relatives visiting isn't happening. Sending up prayers for a speedy recovery.
  • Gig Harbor
    Gig Harbor Member Posts: 564
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    Hope you feel better quickly and that you don’t have Covid. So glad the relatives are not coming.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Fingers crossed for you.  Let us know when you can.  Silver lining to not have the company I guess.
  • Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Yay, you kept the Spanish Inquisition at bay. I am sorry you are sick though, but I would let the word spread that this illness is a long one and it will be many weeks before you can receive company, then you can tell the visitors that you have an infestation of moths and have to get the place sprayed. If you time this just right, they will never be able to come. 

Seriously, get better. My feeling is the stress you were experiencing probably weakened your immune system. I hope you get better real soon.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Kevcoy, thinking of you and still so glad for you that the horrible spector of the unwanted house guests did not happen especially since you are feeling so under the weather.

Keeping good thoughts for you and sending them your way,

J.

• Paris20
    Paris20 Member Posts: 502
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    Kevcoy, I’m sorry you’re so sick. It may be the flu but you’re wise to be tested for Covid. The pandemic is not over for many people who tried to wish it away. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more