Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I've got Covid

Kevcoy
Kevcoy Member Posts: 129
Fourth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

I got my results from my Covid test this afternoon and I tested positive.  DH tested negative but we will keep an eye on it.  I'm still coughing a lot and and have aches along with sneezes and runny nose but much better then yesterday.  I'm sure I must have gotten this from one of the students I substitute at a local high school.  I have a call in to my PCP about what the next steps should be.

DH got up at 2:00am and came in about every 10 minutes to see how I was doing and if I needed anything.  Besides needing sleep I thought it was very touching.

Stay safe everyone

Comments

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    So sorry your sick kevcoy, isn't it surprising how much the caring instincts kick in.  Really sweet.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    So sorry you tested positive. Covid was supposed to be your "out" for avoiding unwanted visitors. Nobody thought it would actually happen. Hope your symptoms subside quickly.
  • Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 442
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions
    Oh no Kevcoy! I hope we didn’t jinx with with our suggestions! I hope your recovery is quick and complete. And bless your DH for wanting to help you.
  • Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,406
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    Since you did not get your results until Wednesday( and therefore didn’t know you had covid) … what happened with the car and the refrigerator?    I know you didn’t want your husband dealing with the repairman
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    So sorry about the Covid, hope you get better quickly. That’s so sweet about your wife! Wonderful that she wants to help you! Get well some.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Kevcoy, I am so sorry that you are ill.  Of all the things to happen.  Thankfully you are not having to put up with two unwanted high maintenance visitors from out of country on top of it all; that is one thing to be thankful for.

Sweet of your husband to be worried about you.  Hope that you will have a short course of illness and will be getting well soon.  Please let us know how you are doing, we will certainly be thinking about you.

J.

• MN Chickadee
    MN Chickadee Member Posts: 872
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    If you are over 65 or have any other conditions that puts you at high risk you might ask about the treatment options such as anti-virals. The government really ramped up supply and there is an abundance of the pills now going unused because people don't realize it's easy to get or they qualify. It must be taken within 5 days of symptom onset. If your DH tests positive I would definitely try to get it for him, dementia would be considered high risk in itself. If you have home tests I would keep testing him every couple days. Don't know what stage of dementia your DH is at but many PWD would not report starting to feel crummy. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    Several of us suggested you fake covid so the company wouldn't come. We didn't mean it literally! Just kidding. Hope you have a mild case and are feeling better very soon. That was so sweet of your DH to be concerned for you.
  • Kevcoy
    Kevcoy Member Posts: 129
    Fourth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Thanks for the jinx.  LOL.  I had DH sleep in the guest room last night and I had a pretty good night sleep with little coughing.  Today I'm feeling better but fatigued.  Being in quarantine is throwing DH for a loop.  He usually walks a neighbors dog around the neighborhood but the dog's owner wants to pause this for at least 5 days and he takes another Covid test.  He thinks he has been fired and thinks he has done something wrong.  

The vehicle needed a water pump so it wasn't too bad.  I've got the best mechanics, even though they are booked two weeks out they got me in and out in one day.

The refrigerator repair man came and DH was on his best behavior.  I sat him down in front of the tv to watch the Voice for the third time this year.  The repair man said he was doing one thing that hopefully will have it cool within 24 hours or else he would have to go in and do an overhaul that would cost close to $2000.  Well it's not cool so time to get a new refrigerator because I'm not paying that much for a repair on an eight year old unit.  We don't entertain any more so I don't need a top of the line stainless steel refrigerator.  Just a simple freezer over the frig with an ice maker and I'll be happy.

We have a small pond in our front yard and the pond guy is here to clean it so DH feels he needs to be there to supervise the whole thing.  He's happy, I'm happy but I don't know how happy the pond guy is.

Thanks everyone for your concerns about everything.  It means a lot.  I can't wait for April 2022 to be over.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Swift recovery I hope.....too much other stuff on your plate!
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hello Kevcoy; just dropping by to say you are being thought of and to ask how you are doing today.   Hope you are able to get some rest.  Did the doctor prescribe one of the effective antivirals for you?

Let us know how things are going when you are up to it. Sending wishes for fast recovery.

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney