Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Lady Texan(3)

M1
M1 Member Posts: 6,722
1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
LT, thinking about you this morning and hope you're doing okay.  Memory care has ripped up my world, I can only imagine what Jesse's death has done to yours.  Let us know when you can.

Comments

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Dear Lady Texan & M1,

My heart aches for each of you. I carry you in my heart every day. Always in my prayers, even though I can’t post much right now.

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Dear M1. I have been thinking of you as well. I have followed some of your posts regarding the hospital and MC. It sounds like a nightmare, that becomes even more cruel, with sprinkles of hope that quickly are ripped away from you. Your advocacy for your partner and your tenacity to get her the best care possible are amazing. I am glad you were able to visit this week.

I can certainly understand the feeling of emptiness and deafening silence. Our home feels like another planet now. I feel like a half of a human. Or maybe I am just a zombie stumbling through the motions of life. I miss Jesse so much that it physically hurts. 

This disease robbed DH Jesse of so much. The end was especially difficult because he was so miserable and he was suffering. Although I miss him desperately, I am relieved and even grateful that Jesse did NOT suffer another second from this horrible disease.

My caregiving role has morphed. I am now taking a more active role in my mother's care. She has dementia. I don't know what kind. My dad is her primary caregiver. He is exhausted and frazzled. I will be able to use the wisdom I gathered here and my experience with Jesse to better care for my mother. 

Take care dear friend. God bless you and your partner and all of those impacted by this horribly cruel disease.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    All three of you are on my mind so much, as are a few others. Prayer coming for all. You have all been through so much.
  • Pam BH
    Pam BH Member Posts: 195
    100 Comments Second Anniversary

LT, thank you for the update. I've been thinking of you so often and many prayers for you. Wow, still caregiving but hopefully it won't be all on your shoulders and you'll be able to help your father through all that you've learned. I've certainly learned so much from you and miss your posts. Your wit and wisdom are priceless.

M1, thank you for this post. You're in my thoughts and prayers as you face all the hurdles that shouldn't be there in providing the best care for your LO.  I look forward to your updates with hope that soon things will smooth out and your paths will be easier.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

I have been following your Posts on the, "Caregivers Who Have Lost Someone," Forum.  My heart goes out to you.  I had no idea your mother also has dementia.  You will indeed have much experience and wisdom to bring to your parents. 

Let us know how you are, we think of you,

J.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Practicing what I have learned from you LT:  I am so, so grateful for the people on this forum and the support you send, it brings me to tears.

I am grateful for a sunny day and the rose-breasted grosbeaks that show up this week every year at my feeders.

I am grateful for the staff at memory care who are being so kind to my partner.

I am grateful  I can visit again tomorrow.

LT, your parents are fortunate to have your support.  It always helps me to look to the needs of others, perhaps that is just in our nature as nurturers.  I too am glad that Jesse is not suffering any longer.  Give Hap a hug from me.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    LT, M1, Ed, ABC, and others, you guys are true heroes. Thank you for sharing your wisdom, experience, and most of all for showing compassion to others while you are suffering too. Thank you seems so little, but that’s the best one I know!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more