Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

VA just designated DH as Catastrophically Disabled, Priority 4

It took us a while > 90 days vs the 35 days eta, but finally! 

Confirmed today. I am very relieved. This will take care of my DH's med co-pays and some other much needed help as his condition progresses (declines). Caring4two I thank you for this important, accurate information which we've learned that even some decision-makers or gatekeepers at the VA unfortunately are not aware of. But eventually they got it done.

https://www.alzconnected.org/discussion.aspx?tid=2147560994&g=posts&t=2147555339

Comments

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,404
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    Finally good news after the weekend you had!
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Oh I am so glad BW, hope it brings more concrete help.  Your other post made me chuckle but I am SURE it wasn't funny at the time.  Cutting the cord just adds injury to insult, doesn't it?  I've been so proud of my ability to keep mowing our fields every two weeks, 'til the water pump on the tractor blew on Saturday.  Supply chain issues mean 3 weeks to get a replacement, the grass will be over the roof by then.

So glad you were persistent on this--and yes, God bless all our first responders..... 

• May flowers
    May flowers Member Posts: 758
    500 Comments Third Anniversary
    Glad you got some good news today!
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

BW sooooo happy you finally got good news! It has been a long while. This will make a big difference for you and your DH. You so deserve this!

I too had a little laugh about the cord, because I have done that! Those dang cords just get in the way!  

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

I’m very happy for you both!!!! I hope you get plenty of help and good council from the VA.

M1, sorry to hear about the water pump. Geese! It really is always something! My push mower is near death as I type! 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more