Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Where hasn’t he peed?

Buggsroo
Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions
Update from Casa poo here. The good news is that the husband hasn’t been making his daily deposits in the sink, he does now and then, but now he just whips out his penis and pees in the sink. 
Today I saw him peeing over our porch onto the neighbour’s garbage cans, sigh. 
I told him to get back into the house and use the toilet. He just laughs when I tell him he can’t pee where he wants. He also pees in the bathroom sink, now I am asking if he wants to go to the toilet, he sometimes says yes and I praise him for using the toilet. 
I realize now that I am living with a toddler, so have started strategies that one would use with a small child. He has worn me down so just get out the Clorox and clean where he has been. Living the dream.

Comments

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Buggs! I honestly don’t know how you do it!
  • May flowers
    May flowers Member Posts: 758
    500 Comments Third Anniversary

I feel your pain. My FIL peed everywhere when he lived with us last year (and was mobile). Vents, closets, shoes, room heater, drawers, and off the balcony into the living room. Glad that stage passed, but boy was it a pain.

Nature’s Miracle dog/cat pee spray works good on human pee too, btw.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I also don't know how you do it. Have you even considered placement?

• Lynne D
    Lynne D Member Posts: 276
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    I have begun prowling the house at night with a backlight flashlight.
  • Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    I have considered placement and am taking steps in that direction. I just got my letter from the geriatric psychiatrist so will be phoning our lawyer to get the wheels going. We did poa s a number of years ago, so now time to sort this. 
    As for peeing, I just follow my nose. I do wash the floors regularly and Clorox the sinks, gee clorox is now a verb. I have settled into a form of a routine and for the most part am handling things well. I realize this will change as there is no cure for dementia and things will get worse.
  • Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes
    So funny about the blacklight...I got that for our puppy last year but works on DH! If DH wakes up during the night he refuses to use the toilet...I don't get it...I have a bucket ready but now he pees in his depends and I double them so can cut off the soiled one and has a fresh one ready. By that time he is up and uses the toilet!
  • CStrope
    CStrope Member Posts: 487
    100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    I remember making little toilet paper targets and putting cheerios in the toilet for my son to aim at when he was 2!!!  Maybe when my DH gets to that stage I'll have to try that tactic again!!!
  • JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes

For about 3 months before placement DH began peeing all over the place. For a while it was the garbage can, which was an easy cleanup. Or it was on the rug in the bathroom - another easy cleanup. Then it went to the floor by the garbage can. Not that hard to clean up. Once the dog bed. Had to throw that away. And in front of the couch, on the carpeting. And by the bed again on carpeting. And in the laundry room. He didn't always understand the toilet, so I'll be honest and say we started walking around outside when I knew he had to go. We live rural, so no neighbors to watch.

In MC he still pees all over. I can take him to the bathroom, but he won't go in the toilet because he doesn't understand what it is. Staff says they find puddles everywhere. It used to be by the garbage cans, but now he's progressed to just wherever. Depends don't work because he still wants to pull his pants down to go. He's started having bowel movements in odd places too I guess. Staff says he's handed them over to them. Ugh. Placement came just before that started, lucky me!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more