Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Bad moon a risen

I see the bad moon a-risin'

I see trouble on the way

I see earthquakes and lightnin'

I see bad times today

Well the sundowning is on the rise. Hope I make it tonight.

I hate dementia. Tried to mow the lawn got half down and burnt out. All the while Dw wife has been raging over what??????

Dw  says. you brought the cat food in awful early, now I just walked in from mowing and she hot and so am I. Lord help me keep my mouth shut.

I had gotten a call that they had a bed the other day at the mcf I like,  but I told them not yet. Still waiting on the CT and the MD to write a prescription.  I cannot wait till she gets something to calm her down. 

Don't come around tonight

Cause there's bound to be a fight

Bad moon a risen

Rant temporarily over. Gonna check my BP now.

Comments

• Ernie123
    Ernie123 Member Posts: 152
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    I hear you! I like your CCR theme. I hope writing your rant let some steam escape. I have been there. My DW is now three years in MC. But I still remember those awful moments of frustration, anger and guilt when I would feel myself cracking, especially the last few months before her move. It’s funny you mentioned lawn mowing….my JD mower has a split in the hood with tape on it. I slammed it down in one of those moments and it cracked. I never repaired it as a reminder of why she had to move. I was at a breaking point. Now the exhaustion, stress and frustration of caregiving has been replaced with loneliness and sadness. I don’t know which is worse, but I guess I have more control of my life now. Hang in there, I for one know the feelings you are dealing with.
  • Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,408
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    Speaking of the bad moon arising, I just checked the full moon date for June.  It’s not until the 14th.   People often mention that sundowning is worse around the full moon.  That’s not the reason today. Maybe it’s hot out?  That makes me grouchy.  Maybe she’s shadowing you and having you outside makes her anxious
  • Scooterr
    Scooterr Member Posts: 168
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    I can hear you singing from here toolbelt , stay away bad moon, and don't let your BP get away from you. Sundowning SUCKS!! there's no other way to put it. My wife's hits between 6.30 and 7:30 like clockwork and I can see it coming like a freight train. You got love CCR, hope you gets some rest tonight my friend.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Erie thanks, I feel better my BP was still green. I work on mowers, I have a jd  x324, it has no hood,it shattered in a million pieces. Why John Deere chose to injection mold the parts of the hood was a big mistake they should have roto molded them. This stage is just seems to keep adding one thing after another. My wife hits herself, throws things, she has twisted up  5 or 6 pairs of the cheap reader glasses. One time I thought she was gonna bust a window. 

QBC I had looked it up the other day but we are also almost to summer solstice, things seem worse to me during those times. And thanks sometimes we're are to close to see what may be going on. Now that I think about I can think of 4 or 5 times when I was outside and she was getting super agitated. I am gonna try doing my work in the early am.

Scooter I am beginning to learn a little, I try to remember that what dw does she won't generally remember just a minute. I can reset everything back, but when she hits her self, thats when it gets hard. I know it's for good when I have to restrain her, I don't have a hard time restraining her. But I hate doing it. And my BP has been in the good range but a little higher tonight.

Thanks y'all it's all good, now. Dw has had the Turtle tracks. We are on the right track again. I was really wore out when I walked into her hell.

I finally  figured  out  why she was mad "because she brought the cat food

In after she put it out,must have been me who did it" and this is a late afternoon routine, I wonder if this is the trigger?

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more