Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

M1(2)

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
Just wanted to let you know that you are constantly on my mind. I've had a couple of minor wins in the last few days, and if I could give you one of them, I would certainly do that. I just pray that things take a sharp turn your way very soon.

Comments

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Ditto, M1- - I often feel selfish because my Alz. infected life is so “easy” compared to so many others.  Thinking of you, your DW and keeping you in my prayers.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

It helps you guys, it really does, thank you.  Ed I'm glad for your wins--please share them!  Are you getting to visit?  So glad.  It doesn't have to be this way for everyone.  I don't wish this on anyone else and I'm glad it's better for others.

I got my tractor back today (new water pump, cutter blades sharpened)--so at least I can be out in the heat this weekend.  Like I said, I'm okay if I have something to do.  She is everywhere I look on the property--and that's mainly a good thing, it's comforting.  Nights are pretty bad though, I must say.

I have a gut instinct that she's going to go downhill pretty soon--I've always had that instinct with placement, and right now I just have to accept that there's nothing I can do about it.  I just don't want it to be due to some neglect that I could have done something about.

But bless her, she doesn't want to live this way.  Let there be mercy and let her go.  It would be easier than this purgatory.

• Ed1937

M1, I can understand where you're coming form. I really hope you can get a break.

I was reluctant to post the minor wins because of what you're going through. But... Win (surprise) #1, she has not fallen since she went there a week ago. Win (surprise) #2, she is walking just fine with a walker, which she had a very hard time doing at home. And she is walking around the facility a little. Win (surprise) #3, we had to take her out of MC yesterday to have her cast taken off, and get X-rays. I did not go with her because she is still begging to go home. One of our daughters, and one of our sons took her there. I knew there would be a problem getting her to go back into the building for MC. I was wrong! She went right in, then went to bed since she was so tired. So possibly she is getting a little more comfortable there. Today was a little different.  Another daughter talked to her this morning, and she told her to come pick her up, and take her home. She said she couldn't do that, and her mother hung up on her.

No, I'm not visiting. I'll listen to our kids to see how she is when they're visiting. Then when I think I might have a chance for a successful visit, I'll try.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Ed that is all excellent news! Please, please don’t not post the good stuff. I’m really glad she’s doing okay, hope you’ll get to see her soon. I do know what you must be feeling.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Dearest M1 and Ed, I check on both of you daily to see how you are both doing; it is a heart rending time and I am wishing that there was a way to ease this for both of you. 

Glad the tractor got fixed, M.  I can imagine you out there this weekend working hard, but please take care in the heat.  (Nag, nag, nag.)  Your beloved partner's hands are in evidence on so much and you are being a very good and loving steward of all that had been put into place. 

Ed; I am delighted to hear of the gains made by your dear wife.  That is truly great news. I just saw the link for her facility and it is absolutely beautiful. I am amazed and delighted for you in that they accept Medicaid; that is such a blessing. They seem to have everything plus - even their chapel is lovely.  It must be a relief to hear that she is doing much better and the idea, like M1, you are both undoubtedly correct in that it is not yet time for visitation. 

I so hope that improvements start and continue for the both of you and your LOs as the days move forward.   You are both awesome in your care and advocacy; a blessing to your LOs for sure.

Big hug for both and please remember to take good care of yourselves too,

J.

• JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes

M1 and Ed - I think of both of you often and I was hoping I'd get an update from both of you. Ed, I'm glad you're seeing your DW settle in a bit. 

I hope both of you are able to visit soon. I'm also realistic, and know that it will probably mean that they have to progress a bit before that will happen. And that makes me so sad that all of us have to go through this long battle. 

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ed so happy for the win’s for your dear wife. Glad she got the cast off and hope the X-ray was good.

M1 glad you got your tractor back working. Just be safe working out there this weekend. Here in Tex it’s supposed to be 103 with heat index of 111. Sadly that’s what it was here today! Unlike other places that have gotten a lot of rain we are in severe drought and they just raised our water rates. But I’m keeping my tomatoes and some other vegetables watered. I hope your garden is doing good. Please take care of yourself. 

Thinking of both of you wonderful gentlemen and your lovely wife’s. 

• Ed1937
    Thank you, M1 and everyone else. I wasn't very clear. They took her cast off, X-rayed her wrist, and put another cast back on. She will have that for 2 more weeks, then she will have a splint that she can take off when she wants.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

M1 I am hoping for a change for your dw. And my heart goes out to you, I really do understand, I am afraid I am going to be in the same sinking boat if I have to put my dw in mc. I can already feel that loneliness. I wish I could keep up her gardens but I can't. The flowers are just barely keeping above the weeds. And watch out next week we are gonna have some of that texas heat. Maybe that will help with the mowing. I haven't bushhogged yet but I need to, I have a locust tree down in my field.

Ed it is good to her the little wins. I love that she's more mobile. 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more