Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Lynne D.

Jo C.
Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hello Lynne, I have been thinking of you and was wondering how things were going.  So hope things are looking up and improving, or is your DH still insisting on going "commando?"

If he is refusing to wear appropriate undergarments now that he is doubly incontinent, how are you managing?

And . . . . in the midst of all of the gosh-awful dynamics, how are you doing?  Do let us know how you are, it has been awhile.

J.

Comments

• Lynne D
    Lynne D Member Posts: 276
    100 Comments Second Anniversary

Thanks for asking, Jo C!

I held firm to the incontinence briefs only, and after a few weeks (has it been that long?) he wears them nearly all of the time. I poop-proofed my house as much as possible, using tips from others in this forum. I also improved my laundry skills. By the way, Biz is a great product to get smells out of clothing (after a vinegar or Nature’s Miracle marination).

I am keeping my HWD at home a lot more, and that seems good. Unfortunately our little excursions end in small disasters from time to time. Thank goodness for respite care.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Lynne it’s so good to hear from you! Glad you have a win on the underwear. Hope you are taking care of yourself!
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hi Lynne, glad to hear that all your work to get your DH into incontinent briefs finally was successful.  What a lot of effort that must have taken to get to that point, and I am sorry you had to go through all of that turmoil.

I know it is difficult and you are even more curtailed with getting out.  So wish that was not happening; it must be exhausting..

Let us know how you are doing when you have time, you have really been putting a herculean effort into all of the changes, you are amazing in all you do.

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney