Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Time it takes for meds to kick in

My DH sits on patio or in front of Garage and just keeps talking. I don’t know if it is to himself or if he is talking to “someone” else. He ranting about one of our sons who he says stole our car. Now he doesn’t want to see him and will “shoot” him if he shows up. We have no guns. It’s almost Father’s Day and I am so sad. His meds have been increased but after 3 days no improvement. Has anyone had experience with Seraquil and how long it takes to get in one’s system?

Comments

• terei
    terei Member Posts: 570
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes
    Certainly I would give it at least a week or two before contacting the prescriber.  At that point, the Dr should be able to say whether change or increase of the RX is advisable. In the meantime, as long as he is not hurting anyone, I would just go out + offer him an ice cream or other treat to distract him.
  • Bootzie
    Bootzie Member Posts: 7
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I had him distracted for a couple hours doing a puzzle and singing along to country songs. But then all of a sudden the peace was gone and he was so mad again he said he could put his fist through the glass cabinet. He’s been on this for 10 days, 3 at double. I feel like screaming. In August we will be married 64 years and it has all come down to this!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more