Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Non spill cup/bottle for carbonated drinks?

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
Can anyone recommend a cup/bottle that would be spill proof for carbonated drinks? I know some of the cups/bottles are not good for carbonated drinks.

Comments

• wspceo1
    wspceo1 Member Posts: 7
    First Comment

After picking up pieces of glass after the third glass fell on the floor, I took every glass away and bought a nice 16 piece set of plastic glasses on Amazon for 25 dollars.  Well worth it.  Won't help your carbonated question but maybe it is a start.  Also found on Amazon Beer plastic glasses with straws.  Company called PARNOO  . Good for carbonated beer then good for other carbonated drinks with a no spill top.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Ed there was a post, several months back, with a lot of suggestions on different types of cups and or containers to use for drinks. I’m sorry I don’t remember who all posted on it. Sorry not much help, you may be able to find it.
  • harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,364
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes
    Mayor Ed-

We were warned against containers with straws and sports bottles as making it very easy to aspirate. 

HB
  • 60 falcon
    60 falcon Member Posts: 201
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Likes
    I've been using this stainless steel insulated cup with a straw for my wife (see below).  She drinks a lot of diet coke and this cup holds a whole bottle.  The coke doesn't bubble up from the straw and when it's dropped there's much less spilled, sometimes none at all spills.  It isn't perfect though and the straw is very stiff, could be a hazard if she fell on it.?  I like that I can tighten the lid enough to keep her from opening it up.  Over all, I like it for something like 12 bucks. I'm done with bottles because she'll spill them almost right away.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TAL-Stainless-Steel-Ranger-Tumbler-Water-Bottle-24-fl-oz-Black/557970549

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    If you go on Amazon and search "sippy cup for senior adult" you will find all sorts...some with some without.  Will have to read individual descriptions for "soda friendly or not".

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more