Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Peewee and I both tested positive for Covid 19

2 years I manged to keep Covid 19 at bay. I am so upset because my Granddaughters boyfriend caught it and Peewee caught it from him. Then I got it from Peewee Now I am out of Work for ten days.

Now Peewee wants to go somewhere get out of the house, No money for Gas, Gas prices are getting to high. This is going to be the longest 10 days. Please pray for us.

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    So sorry, prayers duly said. Remember to ask for antiviral meds if you get really sick. I tested today too because of symptoms caught from granddaughter but negative. Grandchildren always infect their grandparents with viruses unfortunately.
  • Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,444
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    M1 wrote:
    . Remember to ask for antiviral meds if you get really sick.

Actually you should not wait until you get "really sick" you start right after symptoms show up if you wait they cant give you the drug

Initiate PAXLOVID treatment as soon as possible after diagnosis of
    COVID-19 and within 5 days of symptom onset. (2.1)

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Ladypeewee, it's good to hear from you, but I wish the news were better. Prayers coming your way.
  • ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    Oh my gracious. I hope you can get the meds to reduce possible symptoms and long term effects. Also hoping the 10 days go quickly. I know money is tight for so many -- it is at our house -- and a couple weeks off from work (missing a paycheck) can be challenging on top of not feeling well. Yikes. You are at WM is that right? Do they provide any kind of sick days or vacation options for you to help out?
  • nancyj194
    nancyj194 Member Posts: 173
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Ladypeewee, I am sorry to hear you both have covid. Life can be so unfair. 

If it isn't too late, do try to get the antiviral meds. 

The price of gas and groceries is unbelievable with no end in sight. 

I will keep you in my prayers. 

• Kevcoy
    Kevcoy Member Posts: 129
    Fourth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    I agree about getting the antiviral meds.  I got Covid the end of April and was only really sick for one day I think because I was on the meds.  You will feel pretty fatigued for quite a few days most likely though.  Take care and may I suggest you have someone buy you a Stouffers lasagna, they are easy, taste good and good for a few dinners,
  • ladypeewee
    ladypeewee Member Posts: 62
    Eighth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments
    The meds they gave me is Azithromycin 250 mg The  warning says not to take this if you have anykind of heart problems. Which I do.  Waiting on the Doctor to call me back.
  • ladypeewee

Kevcoy

Stouffers lasagna. unfortunately I am Diabetic so I can't have pasta, and Peewee don't eat much these days. I order lots of soups and fruits.and my daughter picked up for me.

Its day 5 and I have only had a sore Throat now that's gone. Peewee's only complaint is his nose has been running. now that's almost stopped. Matter of a fact I got out and mowed the yard today.

• ladypeewee

ButterflyWings

Thanks for you reply

I do work for Walmart. I have already exhausted all my vacation time, sick time. and unfortunately Walmart has done away with the covid emergency leave back in march. I will just have to make do . 

• ladypeewee

M1    Thank you for your reply it was very much appreciated.

Crushed  Thank you for your reply it was very much appreciated.

Ed1937    Thank you for your reply it was very much appreciated. Thanks also for the  prayers.

nancyj194  Thank you for your reply it was very much appreciated. Thanks also for the prayers and I agree about the gas prices and all. 

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Lady, if you are diabetic you need the specific antiviral for covid that crushed mentioned.  Please ask for it.  Azithromycin won't do anything for covid, and yes, it can cause some heart rhythm problems if you have any history of that.  Please do call.  You probably both need it to be on the safe side.
  • towhee
    towhee Member Posts: 472
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Hi Lady, definitely listen to M1 and crushed. I listen to a physician/researcher associated with a major medical group in New York who has been in the thick of it since the beginning. He does a clinical update every week for physicians since unfortunately some physicians are not up to date on best practices. A lot of it goes over my head but there are best practices that he repeats every week-

One- If you have risk factors (diabetic, over 65, heart issues, really overweight, etc, etc,) get antivirals within 5-7 days of symptoms or positive test (whichever is earlier I think) and the sooner the better. Do not wait.

Two-In the first six days don't take things that can cause harm, specifically steroids and antibiotics. Steroids shut down the immune system and you need that working to fight the virus that first week. Antibiotics are no good against a virus and can cause harm if you have heart issues.

Three-Paxlovid works best, but not everyone can take it. If you can't then remdesivir is best, and if you can't get that then monoclonals, and there is one more that helps a little.

Four-Don't let your guard down, the time when many people get very sick is the second week. You need to monitor your oxygen levels and if they drop to 94 you need a trip to the ER, or at least contact a doctor that knows what they are doing. When oxygen drops is when you probably need the steroids.

That's all I feel confident about posting.

If anyone wants to watch the clinical updates search on youtube for-- twiv clinical update Dr Daniel Griffin, or google microbe.tv He has been doing these for two years. If anyone could make a link I would appreciate it.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more