Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Another win today!

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

One of our daughters and one of our sons went up to see their mother this morning. They said when they got there, she was in the activity room playing Uno!! It seems like I'm having a few wins lately. I'm a little surprised that she is interacting with other people.

But she wants to know why I haven't been up there to see her. They told her I had Covid, but no symptoms, and it would be two more weeks before I could go to see her. Then she wanted to come home to take care of me. Overall a good day, even though she still wants to get out of there. I just wish she would settle in more.

Comments

• JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Ed, that is a win! I'm so glad your family is able to visit her and give you all this information. Hopefully you'll be able to visit her once you're over "covid".
  • Lynne D
    Lynne D Member Posts: 276
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    How heartwarming that she wants to take care of you. Congrats on your score!
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    That is a positive win.  I like the covid fib. Covid gets blamed for everything at our house. How about you Ed how are you making it.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I'm doing okay. Thanks for asking.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Ed that IS a win for sure.  Hope it continues--I know for certain how long each day seems.  Am on my way now to a new support group for the whole facility (AL as well as MC), it will be interesting to see how this plays out.  But any good news is good news, for sure.  The fact that her kids didn't trigger her is really good.
  • Pam BH
    Pam BH Member Posts: 195
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Ed, that's wonderful news and a win for sure. Hope they keep coming!
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Ed that is good news and I second what Lynne said . You sure have a wonderful family!
  • Gig Harbor
    Gig Harbor Member Posts: 564
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    Ed it sounds like she is starting to settle in and enjoy the activities. Your parallel lives are starting now and soon you will be able to come together to share good times. What a relief for you. Now concentrate on taking care of you! Do at least one special thing for yourself each day.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

In the scheme of things, that is a big win!  Ed; it really touched my heart to read that she wanted to go home to take care of you. That is dearly sweet.  I was thinking of the two of you this morning and wondering how the two daughters are doing with their plan for putting up wallpaper and draperies in her room.  Very loving of the "girls" and so hope your wife loves the result.

Here's looking forward to more wins . . .

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney