Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Key Largo

Vitruvius
Vitruvius Member Posts: 323
100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

We were listening to music when the song "Key Largo" came on, a song about lost love. When the lyric came "Honey, can't you remember" I nearly broke down, the song suddenly had a new meaning.

Comments

• Stuck in the middle
    Stuck in the middle Member Posts: 1,167
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

I guess instead of "We'll always have Paris" it will be "I'll always have Paris."

Not a very cheerful thought.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Yeah, I'e noticed a lot of songs have a different meaning now. And it seems none of them are for the better.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Stuck with all due respect I think Paris is Casablanca?  Just for the record.  Sorry for hijacking the thread V.  There's much music I just can't listen to any more.  A good Bogart movie would be nice right now.
  • Stuck in the middle
    Stuck in the middle Member Posts: 1,167
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Yes, M1, "We'll always have Paris" is from Casablanca.  I knew that, I just referenced it as another Bogie movie, one about people who are going to have to live on memories.  He's going off to fight the bullies, and it turns out her husband wasn't dead after all, and they probably will never see one another again.

My parents saw Casablanca in 1944, the night before he left for Europe to fight the bullies.  A lot of people were saying what might be final goodbyes that year.  Mostly in bus stations and train depots instead of airports, but the hugs were the same.  

Here's looking at you, Kid.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney