Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just a caution if LO is going to MC

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
We found a mini fridge with a small freezer at Best Buy that we thought might be good for my wife. She likes her cokes, and there's no reason for her not to have them at this stage in her life. So we took a few cans up there for her. The next day one of our daughters went to visit her mother. When she looked in the freezer, she found 2 cokes that had exploded. My wife must have put them in there. So the freezer wasn't such a good idea. Luckily our daughter had a mini fridge they just bought a month or so ago. It didn't have a freezer, so we're switching. If you were considering getting one of these, you might want to forego the freezer.

Comments

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Ed I am glad that worked out in the end. I am like you, dw can have what ever she wants. ED Your a good man.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Great input Ed- sorry for  the unexpected surprise.  Also, try to get a mini fridge that runs quietly.  Some run noisily and can interfere with sleep.

J.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ed I totally agree. My dh used to never drink coke’s because he was so healthy concerned, now he drinks 3 to 4 a day. If that’s what he wants that’s what he will get. I can see no reason at this point why he shouldn’t. 

That’s for that tip! 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney