Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Falcon, Kenzie, and May - Two more questions about the mp3 players

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I have looked at both of the mp3 players you talked about, but I have questions about them that I can't seem to find answers to. 

I read customer reviews when I buy online. One person gave the Simple Music Player one star because he said he couldn't load any songs on it through a chromebook. This is all I have now, since my PC decided it was time to give up the ghost. But it seems to me that it shouldn't matter which operating system you use, if it's an mp3 file, it should work. But maybe I'm wrong. Can anyone shed some light on this?

My other question is, Can I just plug a usb stick into the player, and simply play the music directly from the stick? If I can do that, that'll work for me. My sticks are formatted as FAT32.

Comments

• 60 falcon
    60 falcon Member Posts: 201
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Likes

Hi Ed. I can't tell you if a Chromebook will work out not.  I agree that it shouldn't matter, but what do I know. Your files are formatted correctly.  All I had to do was connect to the player with a USB cable and copy and paste/drag and drop from one folder  to the other.  

I just now inserted a memory stick into the player to see if it would play the song and it didn't.  Seems the music file needs to be downloaded to the player itself.  

If your Chromebook won't work, I imagine one of your kids would have a laptop you could use.? Or maybe the MC facility would help you with that.?

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Thank you, Falcon. Unfortunately, the ones in the family who have laptops have been converted by me to chromebooks. At least I know it won't just play from a usb stick. MC might be a possibility to put music files on it. I'll have to check that out.

Edit: I just found this. It might work, but I like the others better. This one will play from a usb stick. https://www.alzstore.com/easy-music-player-w-photo-frame-p/2129.htm  

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more