Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

question about careblazers

Scooterr
Scooterr Member Posts: 168
100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
Has anyone heard about Dr. Natali I think she's a geropsychologist. I've been watching some of her YouTube videos and she seems for knowledgeable, sincere about caregivers and pwd. I've signed up on her email list and just got a email for "Fun in Caregiving" I believe it's an  seminar. Has anyone taken any of her online classes or seminars, and are they good? Thinking about signing up if you guys have taken one of her seminars and liked it.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Scooterr, I took three classes of hers. The last one I took, I had to cut short because of uncontrolled circumstances. I found that the way she teaches is excellent if you are truly open minded. Most people think the classes are well worth watching, but you will always have some who can't handle change, and you have to change your thinking if you are going to benefit from her classes. If you're willing to do that, you will likely get some excellent information from her.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Scooterr, I have taken some of her classes and she is great. As Ed said you do have to be willing to make changes yourself. I highly recommend her. 

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Scooterr I haven't seen any of her video's I think but? but now I will. I have taken an online caregivers class and Ed and Joyce echo what my course taught.  I sat in the house most of the day and that's becoming more common having  good video's to watch will be helpful.
  • Scooterr
    Thank you Ed (I've been thinking of you and your family), Joydean , and toolbelt for your advise about being open minded. Her course starts next week so I'm going for it. toolbelt  I'm like you in the house more now watching video's (I think more so because it's so stinking hot outside.) Thanks again.
  • Pam BH
    Pam BH Member Posts: 195
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Scooterr, I'm taking Dr. Natali's care course, which is a series of online classes, and then joined as a care club member.  You can either join the classes live online or watch them later when your schedule allows, which is what I do.  I agree with Ed that if you're willing to reduce caregiver stress by changing your mindset, not your LO's, it's more than worth it.  From the classes I've taken so far my stress level has greatly reduced.  It won't remove the stressful situation but help you see it in a new light. The course is geared toward the caregiver, but my DH has also been the recipient of my new mindset.  I'm always hesitant to recommend something that could involve cost, but it's the best money I've spent in a while.  I wish I'd known about this when my DH was first diagnosed. It would have made such a difference in the past 3 years. The YouTube videos are an excellent snapshot of her entire course.
  • Laurie1282
    Laurie1282 Member Posts: 54
    Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Dr. Natali literally saved my emotional life and I highly recommend joining her Care Club.  It is so worth the money investment with the weekly Q & A's, the access to Zoom meetings with others caring for loved ones with dementia and her MANY other trainings. She is awesome and I can't imagine traveling this road without her guidance.  I went from medicating with wine, having panic attacks and needing 2 anti-depressants to get through the day to feeling empowered to care for my HWD with respect and patience. You do need to be willing to shift your thinking. She has helped me feel empowered to deal with all the things.
  • Scooterr
    WOW Laurie and Pam you guys have had good results with Dr. Natali, that's awesome. I'm always looking for anything to help make my life as a caregiver easier. Like I said, "I'm going for it." Thanks for the input.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more