Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Somewhat off topic: Roadtrip!

David J
David J Member Posts: 479
100 Comments Third Anniversary

So, I have previously posted that my wife has been living in MC since last September. 10 months now. She seems stable; no med adjustments for several weeks and she seems content, and I know she is safe, clean, and well fed. 

So I am heading off to Utah from the Northeast by car. I will be staying with friends and family in the east and in Utah/Wyoming and Colorado. But between Wisconsin and Wyoming going out, and between Fort Collins and Cincinnati, I will have no planned places to stay/visit. This may sound strange or dangerous, but are there any forum participants in Nebraska or South Dakota, and Missouri or Kansas that would allow me to pitch a tent on their property?  If so, send me a chat request!

Don’t feel bad if you can’t, but thanks for considering!

Dave

Comments

• Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

I hope you can find a place to put  your tent! We are in Huntington Beach, CA but too far south but welcome to pitch a tent in our back yard if you head our way!

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    David hope you have a fantastic road-trip with many safe adventures. We are in Texas, I know way out of your way and hot as well you let’s just say 104 feels like cool weather. But you are certainly welcome!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more