Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

M1, Thinking of You

Jo C.
Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hello M; I have been thinking of you and wondering how you are doing and how things are going; it seems time has flown so fast and yet seems frozen in some ways.

Hope you are well, do let us know how it is going.

J.

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Thanks Jo. I wish I had good things to report but I dont.  My partner remains agitated and upset and exit-seeking after 2.5 months in memory care. I have not actually seen her in almost a month. I am attempting a visit on Tuesday-am taking lunch-but am not optimistic it will be any different. She still has her room packed up, won't settle, and has been refusing to participate in group activities because of frustration with some other residents with repetitive behaviors. So yes, it feels frozen. I am still working on hiring a one on one companion which might give her a little more flexibility in what opportunities she has, but no success as yet.

So from my perspective it remains pretty bleak.

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    M1, I’m sorry to hear that your struggles with placements continues. I wish I had some suggestions I could offer but I do not. Hang in there.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Oh, M1! I'm so sorry things haven't softened for you a little. I know everyone has their own problems, but I know you have to be in a lot of pain. I wish there were something I could say or do. You and your partner will remain in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Sligo177
    Sligo177 Member Posts: 165
    100 Comments Second Anniversary

M1,

I'm sorry it's so hard for you, you have done the best thing for your LO.  We can hold hope each day that it gets better, but remind yourself she is safe and she does know that you love her.  Take care of yourself.  I'll be facing this very soon. 

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Gosh M; I can imagine how awful this must feel after 2.5 months.   I so hope despite the dynamics with your partner, that you are able to find some degree of peace within yourself; you have done so much and left no stone unturned.  You went the distance and thensome and are still striving so hard to make things as good as can be under the circumstances and challenges as they continue to exist.  That is all one can do at such a point.

Sometimes, because she is remaining so connected, I have even wondered if your partner may have a different diagnosis for type of dementia.  A form of behavioral FTD comes to mind, but that is probably not what is present.  She is still so connected on multiple levels and yet so affected, it is just curious.

I hope that somehow, Tuesday turns out to be a decent visit; all you can do is try.  Sending best wishes your way for your visit.

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney