Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Suggestions needed

ElCy
ElCy Member Posts: 151
Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions
For the second time in a week my DH doesn’t understand why I’m living in the same house as him. He wants me to move out as it is “torture” for him when  I’m there. Today I told him that it was a holiday so I couldn’t t make any plans. I told him I would leave for awhile and return later this evening. I’m sitting in a mall. Just waiting. Just a few days ago he said I was the best wife and how much he loved me. I’m hoping when I return he will forget this episode. But since it’s the second time, I’m worried this will continue and do t k ow how to respond.

Comments

• MaryG123
    MaryG123 Member Posts: 393
    100 Comments 5 Likes
    Oh ElCy, I’m so sorry.  Hugs to you.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

EiCy I’m so sorry, I know this has to be so very hard for you! I pray when you get home it will be better. Take him a little treat, sometimes that works to distract them. You are definitely in our hearts and mind! Be safe out there! 

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary

EiCy, so sorry you're having to go through this. It's hurtful and the pain is unbearable, I know. I've been there, too, although it was DH who wanted to leave, not that he was making me leave. He can't help it, truly.

Try this: ignore his comments about wanting you to leave, redirect his attention elsewhere, perhaps something he likes to do/eat/drink...hopefully it's something that will distract him long enough for him to forget what he just said.

hugs...

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney