Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Interesting phenomenon

Just Bill
Just Bill Member Posts: 315
100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
A few days ago I wrote about the profound sadness I've added to my visitors list every day. A positive side effect of extreme sadness is extreme euphoria. Emotionally I have been pretty lucky and have been able do dodge any really heavy emotional trauma for 62 years. This is my first experience with some real pain. What I am finding are my lows are way lower than ever but in contrast my highs are higher. Little things like she is in a good mood and being extra cooperative I am way happier than before. Just thinking about hiring someone to help out gets me twitching right out of seat. My workouts have been better than ever. Almost like an extreme appreciation of everything that still works in life. Now when I'm extremely sad I know it will pass and the pendulum is going to swing the other way just as high as the low I'm dealing with in the moment. I have been practicing mindfulness and just being in the moment without catastrophe can be euphoric.

Comments

• sandwichone123
    sandwichone123 Member Posts: 748
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Bill, thank you for this, it's very helpful.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    You have that right, Bill. All those little things we always took for granted, can really make your day now.
  • storycrafter
    storycrafter Member Posts: 273
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    I get it. Yes, the little things are significant and hold gifts we didn't know were coming. I savor them, too. Blessings everywhere....

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more