Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Rjheld

Joydean
Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hi Rjheld, you asked the question about your dh being cold and having balance problems. 

My dh is always cold! He still wears winter clothes and we are in Texas where lately the temperature outside is is over 100 degrees!  He is in stage  late 5 early 6 . According to his doctors they list that as moderate to severe. His balance is not bad, but he does walk very slow. 

You are not alone with these things happening. I know Ed suggested you repost here so others will answer also. Come back often because there are some really wonderful people here to help you. 

Comments

• Rjheld
    Rjheld Member Posts: 15
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions

Thank you.  I have been handling this pretty well until recently.  I am realizing that we are going to need notes all over the house.  He has a problem with constipation and take some strong medication to help with that.  Up until recently he has always known what to take and now he is a little confused on that, the bigger issue is he isn't sure if he went to the bathroom or not.  I am going to get a dry erase board for the bathroom and have him mark it if he goes.  He is still pretty functional and I really don't want to have to follow him to the bathroom every time he goes because he goes in there a lot.

I appreciate any and all suggestions to help us out.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more