Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

thinking of you Ed

M1
M1 Member Posts: 6,723
1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
I know it's a month today.  I'm sure it feels like forever--and like an instant.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Thank you, M1. It's hard, really hard. But I'm doing okay. I would take her back in a minute, even though sick. At least I would be able to hold her. Time will make things easier. For the most part, I'm doing pretty good. 

We have a young couple living across the street. A few days ago, she saw me pull into our garage, and came over to express her condolences. We talked for a few minutes, then she started crying. She told me her brother committed suicide four weeks ago tomorrow. It seems like everyone is carrying some type of cross.

I think about you all the time too. How can you possibly hold everything together on a farm of 150 acres? With all the pain and heartache you've been going through, that seems impossible. You are still in my thoughts and prayers.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,723
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

You are so right, we all have our crosses, and a friend of mine used to say that most of us would choose the cross we're familiar with rather than those that others bear.

I love this farm because it's so her.  And a sanctuary, for the most part.  Good at the moment, because I got seriously exposed to covid Wednesday, so just waiting it out at the moment.  No symptoms so far and a negative test today.  We'll see.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more