Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

He is driving me nuts

Buggsroo
Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Ok I think you all know what this is about. I work from home and my husband yells and screams, bites himself and goes into the fridge a hundred times in one day. I have started to ignore him and am thinking of getting noise cancelling ear phones. I think I better phone the doc and get some more “happy” added to his meds. I have three more days of this crazy. 

Dementia does not mix with working from home. Sigh. I have found ignoring him has helped with my anxiety and stress.

Comments

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Buggs when I saw your post I knew it wasn't good. My Dw used to bite her hand and once drew blood, I worried one day she was gonna spit out a big chunk. She beat her leg black and blue. I cannot imagine how you have managed, I know your up for a lot of awards and you have my vote. You are the most patient person I know.

It's 4:10 somewhere. I just took my gummy.  that's my happy. Hoping your dh gets more than just happy but takes away the usual issues as well. 

• Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Hey Stewart,

I know you are going through the wars, so thank you for reply. Honestly, I would love some weed, but thankfully he has gone to bed. I find if he goes to bed around six, I can kind of relax and martial my forces for the next day of fresh hell. 

I hope your situation has gotten better, I honestly think you were incredible with your wife. I imagine you find comfort in the church and your faith. I really hope your wife will acclimate to her new home and you will get the peace you need.

• JudyMorrowMaloney
    JudyMorrowMaloney Member Posts: 74
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    I also work from home and he bothers me all day long about foolishness.
  • Just Bill
    Just Bill Member Posts: 315
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    I have found some relief in just letting go of control and let her be. Everything she does annoys the heck out of me and I just let it go. If she isn't going to hurt herself or burn the house down do what you want. Like that episode of Sienfeld when Frank screams "Serenity now !" I am in manufacturing and we can be real control freaks. That is a personality trait I had to get over real fast with this disease. I work out of my home and take her to a customer she can be a real pain, but if I just let it go, say serenity now everything is better.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Buggs I honestly don’t know how you have any sanity left! I know you have a great sense of humor but goodness. I can normally laugh at some of the things my dh does and just chalk it up to what ever. If I had some weed I would send it to you! ( seriously I don’t even know what it looks like!) best for you!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more