Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Wife out of her head today

Hoot619
Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Had a heck of a time getting clean Depends on. Wouldn't eat breakfast, went to McDonalds for a hamburg and malt for her. Took a bite spit it out and threw it on floor. She did drink 3/4 of malt and then threw that.   Pants half on and Bra on .   Once she gets out of chair  that can take some time, I can get her to bathroom.  You never can tell what the hell is going to happen next. Some days I can get her dressed   I know I'm not the only Caregiver having problems, some of the stuff I read on here I consider myself lucky that I haven't had others problems.

I see the lawyer tomorrow to get my assets taken care of.  Hopefully he can do something.  I don't have that much chunk of prime swamp hunting land and deer camp (shack) no power rustic as hell. Outdoor Toilet You don't have to flush but better watch out for spiders.  I know when and if I get her in MC I'm heading to Camp to sleep for a week!! Hoot

Comments

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Hoot sounds like a handful, you try and keep trying, you love the good days and dread the setting sun. But when it's camp time, it's quiet time, camp fires, cooking whatever you want and it taste better if the sparks kick up.. I have wanted to do that in my back yard for a long time. camping is great around here as you don't mind the coyotes. Spring feed pond with little water falls making the sound that makes you get up all night to pee. I have learned not to camp to close to the water because of the sound. I am praying for you that you will have an easy transition if there is such a thing and hope your lawyer visit goes well.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hoot hope everything goes well with your lawyer tomorrow. Going camping sounds like a great idea, except here in Texas right now! Hot as hades, even at midnight last night it was still 100 degrees. 

Toolbelt I miss the cool springs and the mountains in Tennessee! 

Blessing for both of you guys! 

• Hoot619

To me Camp time is time away from everything. Peaceful  and quiet except for the darn* bugs. No TV battery radio gas lights and a   steam bath (Sauna ).     DW is in chair, did eat her French Toast with raspberry jam this morning. no lunch wouldn't eat I gave her a peanut butter and banana sandwich when I got home

My visit with lawyer went well, 3 men left his office with smiles -looked like a grandpa ,father and son. I told my lawyer I hope I leave the same way. And when I left I felt a lot better.

He has  worked with the place I am hoping to put her. Didn't take him long to figure things out I will call tomorrow MC place and let them know he is handling it for me.  Hope to have her placed by early Sept. Depends on openings or beds when the legal work is done..  I feel a whole lot better about everything. Hoot

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hoot, I’m so very glad for you that things went well. Good news is will always make you feel better. At least now you can start making some plans and that includes your much needed camping trip. Happy for you! 

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Hoot, that's great! Glad things went well for you, and I hope things work out well at the facility.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Hoot thanks for that good news, Sounds like you're lining them one up one by one. Great win.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hoot, so glad things are getting worked out, hang in; it won't be long.

Where are you located in the UP?  I was raised there in a tiny town in Marquette County, about sixteen miles from Marquette.

Yep; deer hunting camp - way out in the woods - tis more like a shack.   It has several bunk beds inside to accommodate the men during deer hunting season and table and chairs comes in  handy not only for eating, but for playing poker . No electricity, and an outhouse and a sauna as there are no showers.  I opened up a cupboard last time I was out there for a visit and laughed; there was only the one staple left - a bottle of whiskey about 3/4's empty.  Someone had a nice sense of whimsy and hung a swing from a large tree. Loved to go outside and sit on it and listen to the sound of the wind soughing through the trees.  Nothing like it.  So calm; it sounds like the trees are talking to one another.  I miss being able to hear that sound.

And autumn back up there - I sure do miss it. Except the deep winters - do not miss those, but that is what helps brings the rest of the beauty into play.  And if no one has not ever had fresh caught trout from the UP - it is a missed pleasure for sure. 

I still call it "home," and it always will be.

Best of wishes coming your way, Hoot; may it all hold together well until all is settled and you get to go out to the peaceful camp - without any mosquitoes and heaven help us; especially none of the, "no-see-ums." 

J.

• Faith,Hope,Love
    Faith,Hope,Love Member Posts: 191
    100 Comments 5 Likes First Anniversary
    I was born and raised in LP just outside of Jackson, Mi.  I agree with JoC.  Michigan is lovely except in winter.
  • Hoot619

Joe C  I'm in Newberry, the lawyer I saw was in Marquette.  When I bought the Camp there was a bottle of booze in the makeshift icebox. It worked fine when temps were cold. The icebox not the booze

Jan messed up big time this afternoon but got her showered up. Sitting in chair in front room with shirt in her lap and her top bare and Depends half way on. Had to cancel going to my meeting, can't tell what she might do if I leave. 

DW is not in a very good frame of mind. She had about 8 good hours one day last week but since then further down the ladder of Alz.  I thought that knowing that my caregiver role will be coming to a close when I place her that stuff wouldn't bother me as much.    No such luck.      To all the caregivers out there, hang in there and do the best you can.  Most of the time it doesn't work but when we get a smile or a few words from our LO it is Worth it.  Hoot

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more